Post your favourite photo of your Traditional knife

I'll call it "Waiting For Spring".
KsE0fOR.jpg
Perfect! :cool::thumbsup:

Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley I like this idea for a thread. :thumbsup: I’m no photographer, and with knives in particular it seems like things can really be hit or miss. But every once in a while I get lucky and end up with a photo that I really like, and it’s fun to have an opportunity to go back through and revisit some of those “favorite” photos (not to mention getting to see everyone else’s favorites).

I took this one on the beach at Durdle Door, on the Jurassic Coast in Dorset, England.

gHGzNZG.jpg

Here’s a non-knife photo from the same location.

1oTU0tB.jpg

And another photo from that trip to England, at a pub in Bath called The Raven.

sVB8L4W.jpg

I’ve always liked this baseball-themed shot of my TC Day’s Work.

QX31ebx.jpg

This was a photo I took a few years ago, and recently rediscovered when looking through my photos for something else.

M2f1H6E.jpg

Decent photo, favorite whisky. :D

Fp6i7o0.jpg

A few others:

22o9I70.jpg

F0TgGlE.jpg

0vbu2DM.jpg

OIMqVnU.jpg

Cet1hWQ.jpg

2bt38EG.jpg

Eb4rKZ1.jpg

oylNSsT.jpg

Well sir, I'd say those were bangers right there ! very nice, I appreciate you guys/gals contributing to this fun thread as well.
it's a memory lane for a lot of the knives I've posted, as they have moved on to new homes, miss them all, here's one I picked up at GEC at one of the fall meet and greets, great bunch of folks there too.

IMG_3549 by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Double dipping here as I just posted this elsewhere. But I love it so much i don’t care!

I’m currently in the process of cleaning out my home office as we’re looking to move and had to take this pic before I put away this framed parchment that my parents gave me from India.

This SFO was called Exotic India Bone - well, they nailed it.

95760CD7-4DD4-4E4D-8BFE-9EC5DAAAF538.jpeg

All these pictures of Whiskey are disturbing me...run out and it's super expensive here say 50USD for an average everyday bottle :(

Great idea for a thread Gary :cool: I've never decided which is a favourite knife and as a photographer I'm very lightweight, but I like this one as the Stag on it is so grand

frkiWWv.jpg

Hello,

I hope not to be off topic by posting here traditional but not American knives. (otherwise I will delete my post without any problem).
I only have a few US knives.
My favorite knives are not traditional ones outside of Laguiole and Dorgalese Sarde. And my other traditional ones are not my favorites...
So I played the game by putting only my favorite traditional ones that I use most often.

today794.jpg

today795.jpg

Dorgalese by Davide Steri, traditional Sardinian knife, ambroony root handle, San-Mai steel blade

today797.jpg

today796.jpg

Slipjoint sway back by Cosimo De Benedetto, burr walnut and blade in 01 steel

today798.jpg

today799.jpg

Laguiole full walnut handle, XC75 blade by Pierre-Yves Joyeux

These are simple but very useful and efficient knives. ;)

I am drooling a bit from these pics. Nice.

Here is a favorite, both the single blade sheep’s foot GEC and the pic of the sandwich I made with it.

And this is from trip to the cabin for a few relaxing days. Dinner time! A fixed blade Blind Horse Knives, the Ranger if I remember correctly; scandi grind? A favorite knife and I still have it. Great times there.

Back