Post your new run(2018) -GEC 85's

I got a real purdy one!

44470900400_c0aee5ef93_b.jpg

44470900290_c3c613c07a_b.jpg
Andrew, That one is fantastic!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Simply tremendous. If I had that one, I would retire from collecting.
Tongue in cheek, I hope, Travis! We don't want you to quit posting those great pics!

Absolute Beauty!:cool:

Simply tremendous. If I had that one, I would retire from collecting.

She does appreciate your compliments, and furthermore I'm glad that I have her not just for having her, but so that you'll keep uprooting cool old knives to show off.

Andrew, That one is fantastic!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you thank you. She happens to have ideal pull weight and walk and talk.

Here's a few more of my polished stag with better lighting.
full

full

This is a grail knife for me, and I was worried seeing the production pics and didn't like a lot of the polished stag that was shown. But, GEC pulled it off and it's perfectly hafted. I even like how the stag texture is shorter on the mark side (showing off the shield), where the pile side texture runs from pin to pin. The texture lies perfect between the scale pins.
The shield inletting is a little loose compared to the bone and maple I've seen. Is that just the nature of stag? I've seen other stags with the same shield gaps.
Regardless, I'm absolutely in love with the knife, and it's a very strong contender for next year's carry knife.

So Paul can send it to me Jack- if you remember I was the one who protected you from Paul at the Rendezvous, handing that one over to me will be recognition of thanks.:thumbsup:;)
Jack, you know it was ME that watched over your knives when you left the room briefly. Had Duncan been there alone with your knives, well, I think we can guess the out come:p

Back