Post your new run(2018) -GEC 85's

club knife
y1NpnOe.jpg

Wish I were in that club...

I LOVE the easy opens, wish there was a micarta tho.

You mean like this one?

45550901485_7aa50ffe86_b.jpg

I thought the card was a special effort as well. It also served to remind me that I was a dunce for not going with the Maple Burl. Those turned out to be the best of the bunch, in my opinion.

What did you pick? You mean you turned down a reservation for the maple, or your just only picked one?

What did you pick? You mean you turned down a reservation for the maple, or your just only picked one?

Honestly, burl does not typically excite me as much as more straight grained woods do. Some Maple Burl that I have seen has been less than exciting. Because of that, I opted to only reserve the Blood Red and the Buffalo Bone. The Blood Red was a disappointment due to the less than adequate dye job and I opted for a second on the run of Buffalo Bone, thinking it would make an adequate user. Once I get past the blade rap, it will be a fine knife.

The moment I saw the first finished Maple Burl, I knew that I had erred. It is stunning and I have now learned my lesson. :oops:

Honestly, burl does not typically excite me as much as more straight grained woods do. Some Maple Burl that I have seen has been less than exciting. Because of that, I opted to only reserve the Blood Red and the Buffalo Bone. The Blood Red was a disappointment due to the less than adequate dye job and I opted for a second on the run of Buffalo Bone, thinking it would make an adequate user. Once I get past the blade rap, it will be a fine knife.

The moment I saw the first finished Maple Burl, I knew that I had erred. It is stunning and I have now learned my lesson. :oops:

I've seen some good-looking re-dye jobs on the red jigged. They make very handsome effects that result in deep rich red. A lot of the buffalo bone knives were really attractive. Let's see yours! Maybe include a shot of the blade rap, too?

I've seen some good-looking re-dye jobs on the red jigged. They make very handsome effects that result in deep rich red. A lot of the buffalo bone knives were really attractive. Let's see yours! Maybe include a shot of the blade rap, too?

I have actually been considering re-dying my Red, I think that it likely could benefit from the attempt.

Here is a shot of my Red 85, followed by a shot of the Buffalo Bone. You will note the pin crack but I've decided that doesn't phase me, I did opt for a second after all. I will try and capture the blade rap. As soon as I discovered it, I've opted to close them far more carefully now.

3WCUb7m.jpg

idka91I.jpg

I really like that buffalo horn. Would like to see the pile side, too. Looks almost like ivory, definitely could be a dress-up knife.

I really like that buffalo horn. Would like to see the pile side, too. Looks almost like ivory, definitely could be a dress-up knife.

The pile side has some great depth to it. I'll see if I can capture it in the morning with some better light as well as the small ding from the blade rap.

This one makes me sorry that I’m not on FaceBook. My wife won’t let me sign up. She’s afraid I’ll find some long lost girl friend and run off.:) Your African Blackwood 85 is elegant and gorgeous.

That’s too bad! There is a fantastic looking ivory 85 just posted on FB.

Russell

Back