Post your pet photos here!

Xander ,that top pic of Radar is tooooooo funny !!!Now if you could get Alpha to smile for the camera .....

Gus,, King of he world.
2010-04-11134900.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Haha, it does look like Gus is on the Bow barking orders.

IMAG0145.jpg

Big Kitty is always watching.

Awesome Kitties! :D :cool:

Apintandafight that looks like Felix the Cat! Nice!

Charlie Mike, nice! I had a cat that looked very much like yours growing up and his official name was Big Kitty! Cool..

My wife picked some fresh catnip from our garden and my cats are attacking everything and napping a bunch, it is too funny.

We have concentrated catnip spray. I like to dip a foot of 550 in it and dose em that way.

Well, sad news, my beloved Champion betta, Alpha, died on Monday this week. He was 3 years old. I wish I had gotten a chance to breed him, but I never got around to it. He was a gorgeous fish and I would often sit and watch him for an hour at a time! I love Betta Splendins, just beautiful creatures.

So on Thursday I couldn't get ahold of the breeded I normally buy from so I went to a different guy, I picked up this little handsome fella. He's a Pie Bald-Half Moon variety and overall in pretty good shape, a little thin and pretty aggresive right now, but this breeder feeds only live worms (not the best choice, but better than some options) which can cause the fish to be very picky about its food and the aggresiveness. There is also a very high risk of bacterial infection from live worms, in people and the fish.

I don't have a name for him yet, any suggestions? He's got an interesting fight tactic, he will stay back 6-8" and flare up for a couple of seconds then rush in and posture face on, moitionless, before turning broad side and making his move. I won't fight him against another fish, I just use a mirror, so I won't know his kill tactic. I personally never fought Alpha, but the breeder did. I don't ever fight them.

Here you can see his coloring, he is just moving out of the spot light so he looks duller than actual, but his whole body is the same color blue as his tail. Black face with flesh tone patch on top of his head.

2012-12-08071928.jpg

Here he is (in poor light) in full posture! Gill plates pushed forward, all fins held erect, mouth agape. Color intensity goes up too when posturing. With good lighting the color change is amazing to watch!

2012-12-08072255.jpg

Give me a month or so of pampering and he will be in absolute prime condition. His fins are a little ragged right now, but that's common from the small display jars shops use. So far he seems happy and healthy, he built a good size bubble nest last night, always a good sign!

-Xander

Thanx Andrew! He is in a 2.5 gallon bow front acrylic tank. I managed to find a 25 watt heater for it, which is nice because now I don't need to heat the entire room to keep the water temperature above 70*F.

-Xander

My Boxer "Baron" HE was my best friend! I had to put him to sleep a couple of years back I miss him so much. I do Have a Staffordshire Bull Terrrier now named "Nazan's Red BARON" call name Colt. But all the picture of him are on my iphone now and I have no idea how to upload them here...

BAronandZX10.jpg

I managed to get a better pic of my new fish. Im working on a softbox setup for getting better pic of him but it will work well for knives too! This is without the softbox, but shows his coloring well, I think.

DSCN2325.jpg

-x

Back