Post your regs!

Unfortunately the Regular was before my time. Before I had the ability to shell out $300+ for a knife at least. For those who prefer the Regular, is it mostly for aesthetics or are there other features that differentiate it from the Classic or 21?

Is that worn damascus?

I wish! I bought the knife from a pawn shop and it was in really bad shape. The blade was cloudy and blotchy/stained.. I ended up trying to polish it and cleaning with barkeepers friends. That was the end result. Next time I send to spa I’m going to shell out the extra $30 to have the blade re tumbled.

Unfortunately the Regular was before my time. Before I had the ability to shell out $300+ for a knife at least. For those who prefer the Regular, is it mostly for aesthetics or are there other features that differentiate it from the Classic or 21?

Personally, I like the feel of them better. The handles are a bit taller allowing a bit more of a locked in grip for me. I know not everyone will agree, but I like the scalloping and cut outs on the show side. Just looks better to me. I also think the Large Regulars are smoother than the 21 or Classic. At least to me based on the ones I have. Maybe it's the washers? The Small Regulars are very similar if smoothness to the 21 and Classic. Not sure why the Larges would be different. Maybe the slightly larger and heavier blade.

In terms of technology and refinement, the 21 is a better knife. I doubt anyone could argue that. But, the Regular is a fine knife itself and there is just something about them. They feel better in the hand to me and, and, I don't know, I guess you have to hold one to get it?

AY9v1cLl.jpg

67V3rThl.jpg

Back