Post Your Spydercos with Guns!

Thanks I know the the rules. I did not specify one more hand gun since I was asking about a hand gun... I currently have 3 guns sitting at my FFL that I will be able to get September, October, and November leaving me December. The guns I really want to have I am buying new because I do not want to chance either having to wait and search or wait for prices to drop after the first of the year. The current used prices for the VP 9 are the same or higher in some cases as new.

Ah ok. Just figured I would put it out there in case you did not know. :thumbup:

Edit: Wrong thread, sorry.

iEWvYb5.jpg

Last edited:
How do you like the VP9? I'm torn between that and the PPQ.

I own both, but prefer the VP9. The PPQ's trigger has a crisper break by a tad, but the pre-travel is noticeably longer. Overall I like the VP9's trigger more, but not by much. The grip on the VP9 feels better, and the barrel (polygonal rifling and HK reputation of being kickass) and overall quality is superior. I highly doubt it will be riddled with the QC issues some PPQ's have had (HK pistols are pretty much perfect from the go. Very rarely are there recalls, etc). Also, I prefer the mag release on the VP9. The main advantage the PPQ has is price (a little cheaper) and it's a tad smaller. Also, I already have like 15 P30 mags so the VP9 was an easy choice for me.

I do, however, EDC a Walther :cool:

DSCN2129_zpsf2069ac4.jpg

Excellent taste in pistols and knives, Jibbles. I'm also fond of German engineering with regard to pistols. I currently own a SIG and a GLOCK, but I want a VP9...

bender21, is that the tree fiddy seven LCR? How do you like it? I know the caliber can be largely wasted in such a short barrel, but you just gotta love snubbies! Also, thats what quick burning power is for ;)

It is and I love it! It is enjoyable and addictive to shoot. Hogue Tamer works great, very smooth trigger and actually quite accurate. No lawyer features too. I haven't carried anything else since I got it. So nice to put it in a pocket holster and slip it in! 357 still packs a big enough punch in a snubbie. ;)
I usually keep it loaded with Barnes 140 gr solid copper Vor-TX loads. Some amazing performance from it out of 2" barrels according to YouTube videos.

Last edited:
It is and I love it! It is enjoyable and addictive to shoot. Hogue Tamer works great, very smooth trigger and actually quite accurate. No lawyer features too. I haven't carried anything else since I got it. So nice to put it in a pocket holster and slip it in! 357 still packs a big enough punch in a snubbie. ;)
I usually keep it loaded with Barnes XTP loads. Some amazing performance from it out of 2" barrels according to YouTube videos.

You are probably still getting the performance of +P .38 out of a 4" barrel from your snubby which is plenty for a "get off me gun".

My dad was always into Wildcats and hotter loads, especially Contenders. I still shoot 30 and 357 Herrets.
We have been competing with whose new handgun is the hottest. He just picked up a 5" 10mm Auto, so it doesn't have to be fair. ;)
There are a number of offerings out there now that are still pretty impressive from short barrels.
Double Tap's 125gr loads are listed at 1425 fps/564 ft lbs from a 1 7/8" barrel. Comparatively, some Golden Saber ballistics from 4-5" barrels.38 spec +p 124 gr at 975 fps, 9mm +p 125 gr at 1180 fps/384 ft lbs, 45 acp 230 gr. at 875 fps/391 ft lbs.
I actually like a lighter load than that though because over penetration is a factor with the smaller sectional density of the 357.

Back