• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Postal Packages

Last two I sent haven't popped up on tracking until the day before delivery. Took about a day longer than I expected to deliver. Not really much of an issue other than causing the buyer and I anxiety. I have a few more things I want to sell but may wait until after Christmas...

Last two I sent haven't popped up on tracking until the day before delivery. Took about a day longer than I expected to deliver. Not really much of an issue other than causing the buyer and I anxiety. I have a few more things I want to sell but may wait until after Christmas...
Agree I think their overwhelmed with updating delivery times in the system also.

Most packages I've received were on-time, early or just a little late.
But no pattern of late deliveries.
From my experience , if you live or if something is shipped near a major hub, you'll get it quickly.

I had only one package go MIA in April, it just stopped moving through the system and after a month I assumed it was gone.
It made it all the way to a sorting station in the next town and disappeared.
I completely forgot about it and then two weeks ago it showed up.... almost 7 months later.

Only issue I've had was my forum knife. Tracking showed it shipped out on the 13th, and then no updates for 8 days, when it arrived one state over. 3 days after that I finally received it. Other than that it's been fine for me, but we'll see what the Xmas season brings.

Funny this happened to me today, but I still believe we have the finest postal service on the planet. Do you think that if you gave a letter to UPS or FEDEX and asked them to deliver it to Anchorage AL for .55 cents they’d do it?

In general it has been decent. In March I had a package sent from Australia that took forever, but it did finally arrive. For a stretch after that everything seemed to be on time.

Lately, 1st Class seems to be taking an extra day. One package went to the wrong hub taking several extra days. I had one package stalled at the vendor's local USPS office for an extra day or two before it made it on its way. A package from the same vendor made it lickety-split the next week....

I am waiting on one and can pretty much echo the above anxiety sentiments. No big deal if it's late, just as long as I receive it before Christmas.

I have a knife that left Boise, ID on Monday and was estimated to be delivered this Saturday sitting at my local post office at the moment, so it will be delivered tomorrow.

I’d say that’s pretty damn good for going clear across the entire country.

I order quite a few clips from Casey Lynch. They come via First Class Mail from Oregon to my place in rural Central Texas.....in three days! I’m also happy with the shipping times when sending & receiving purchases made on the Exchange via mail. Considering COVID implications, it seems to me the USPS is doing a pretty fine job.

Two packages that USPS said it never had arrived on time. MAGIC.

UPS just pushed back delivery one day on a package from MidwayUSA.

Last edited:
4os0y2

I am usually a staunch supporter of USPS. Well, over the last month that has gone out the window. 95% of my incoming/outgoing packages have arrived late, one has not arrived at all and appears lost. Had a package from Portland take 2 full weeks, another almost 2 weeks. Currently have 4 saying arriving late with no scans for a while, one going on 11 days. Most of the problem packages are coming from west of the Rockies. I have a sheath from @azwelke for a BK62 that has not been heard from since 11/9. All of this slow down started just before 11/3 but still continues now. Can't really blame it on the pandemic since we've had that going on for a while, and it isn't the election because that is over. I've told people who are sending me stuff to use UPS, and until the USPS gets their act together, that is how I'll be shipping too.

I was beginning to think I was only one...

... except for everyone else I hear from that's not on BF.

I am usually a staunch supporter of USPS. Well, over the last month that has gone out the window. 95% of my incoming/outgoing packages have arrived late, one has not arrived at all and appears lost. Had a package from Portland take 2 full weeks, another almost 2 weeks. Currently have 4 saying arriving late with no scans for a while, one going on 11 days. Most of the problem packages are coming from west of the Rockies. I have a sheath from @azwelke for a BK62 that has not been heard from since 11/9. All of this slow down started just before 11/3 but still continues now. Can't really blame it on the pandemic since we've had that going on for a while, and it isn't the election because that is over. I've told people who are sending me stuff to use UPS, and until the USPS gets their act together, that is how I'll be shipping too.

Back