• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Postal Packages

My USPS Priority Mail package for a watch band came in a day early. The small circuit board from China took a lot longer, but it had to cross the ocean first, so I don't blame the USPS for the wait. Did not want to pay 10 times the price of the board to ship it because it was not needed badly.

Now if I could get them to stop putting mail from the previous resident in my mailbox (who has been gone for 6 years), that would be great. Thinking about getting a stamp made up with "Return to Sender" on it avoid my poor handwriting.

I like "ADDRESSEE NOT AT THIS ADDRESS"

My package, tendered 3/22, has just reached Hackensack, NJ (from somewhere in Hackensack, NJ), on 4/5 . This is with FEDEX.

Last edited:
First class is moving faster than priority. Had a priority package from ky to Tn a couple weeks ago take 10 days. Waiting on a watch from a trade deal now. He got my side on time tracking for mine just says arriving late. Three orders from eBay has taken a long time. Amazon on the other hand,usps must have a Star Trek transporter for them.

I thought I was through with posting here but I'm not! I sent a package, USPS, to a member here, not a knife but some rocks and fossils for his daughter. The package was destroyed, delivered empty with a sticker saying "We Care". It was not insured but was Priority which has $50.00 insurance.

I had a knife mailed to me from NE, it went all over the west and was delivered yesterday, took 10 days. It was from leather worker Lance Nixon, he sent me a picture of two knives he just received. Handles on both knives were chipped! Packaging destroyed.

Got an update on my watch. 7 days now for 2 day priority insured to 500. It has gone from buffalo ny to rodChester ny to Orlando fl and is now in Atlanta. Should have gotten a silver eagle in the mail today but they are just letting it sit in Knoxville 30 miles away.

These people paid twenty eight dollars for second day delivery of an important check to me. It can't make it from Tennessee to Kentucky for 28.00 dollars now past three days and even if it shows tomorrow it's going to be four days!

April 7, 2021, 6:59 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
MEMPHIS TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item departed our USPS facility in MEMPHIS TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 7, 2021 at 6:59 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
April 6, 2021, 11:17 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
April 6, 2021, 3:50 pm
Departed Post Office
BIG SANDY, TN 38221
April 6, 2021, 2:35 pm
USPS in possession of item
BIG SANDY, TN 38221
Product Information
  • Postal Product:priority Mail Express 2-Day®
  • Features:
    Money Back Guarantee
    Insured
    PO to Addressee
    Up to $100 insurance included. Restrictions Apply

Still isn't showing up at all. Shame the postal service charges 28.00 to overnight a letter a few hundred miles and they muck it up so badly. We also used the same service a couple of years ago and they sent it to the wrong city. It showed up the next day, unlike this overnight mailing and we got a refund, still overnight means overnight and 28 dollars is a high price, when it does worse than a 55 cent stamp!

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy on Tuesday unveiled the largest rollback of consumer mail services in a generation, part of a 10-year plan that includes longer first-class delivery windows, reduced post office hours and higher postage prices.

DeJoy presented his long-awaited strategic vision for the U.S. Postal Service during a Tuesday webinar. Portions of the initiative already made public have raised alarms from postal advocates, who say they could further erode agency performance. Mailing industry officials warn that substantial service cuts could drive away business and worsen its already battered finances.

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy on Tuesday unveiled the largest rollback of consumer mail services in a generation, part of a 10-year plan that includes longer first-class delivery windows, reduced post office hours and higher postage prices.

DeJoy presented his long-awaited strategic vision for the U.S. Postal Service during a Tuesday webinar. Portions of the initiative already made public have raised alarms from postal advocates, who say they could further erode agency performance. Mailing industry officials warn that substantial service cuts could drive away business and worsen its already battered finances.
I mean, he hates the USPS, was put in power by people who also hate the USPS, and this was the plan from the beginning, so we shouldn't be surprised. Only hope to getting things back to a somewhat acceptable level of service will be a change in leadership.

Most of my incoming packages and a few outgoing sit in the local Baltimore distribution center 5 to 9 days now. Crazy. If DeJoy's plan becomes reality I am switching my business shipping to UPS instead of USPS.

Last edited:
These people paid twenty eight dollars for second day delivery of an important check to me. It can't make it from Tennessee to Kentucky for 28.00 dollars now past three days and even if it shows tomorrow it's going to be four days!

April 7, 2021, 6:59 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
Your item departed our USPS facility in MEMPHIS TN DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 7, 2021 at 6:59 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
April 6, 2021, 11:17 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
April 6, 2021, 3:50 pm
Departed Post Office
BIG SANDY, TN 38221
April 6, 2021, 2:35 pm
USPS in possession of item
BIG SANDY, TN 38221
Product Information
  • Postal Product:priority Mail Express 2-Day®
  • Features:
    Money Back Guarantee
    Insured
    PO to Addressee
    Up to $100 insurance included. Restrictions Apply
This has never showed up anywhere after leaving Memphis. Twenty eight dollars second day the best the postal service has and they lose it within three hundred miles.

I thought I was through with posting here but I'm not! I sent a package, USPS, to a member here, not a knife but some rocks and fossils for his daughter. The package was destroyed, delivered empty with a sticker saying "We Care". It was not insured but was Priority which has $50.00 insurance.

I had a knife mailed to me from NE, it went all over the west and was delivered yesterday, took 10 days. It was from leather worker Lance Nixon, he sent me a picture of two knives he just received. Handles on both knives were chipped! Packaging destroyed.
Wow not cool!

What are the odds that a priority package was dropped off on Thursday but not scanned as “accepted” until during business hours this morning (Saturday)? Which was also slightly after I pm’d the sender asking about the status. I’ve seen a missed scan or two, but short of getting kicked into a back corner I’ve never seen the acceptance scan delayed for two days.

What are the odds that a priority package was dropped off on Thursday but not scanned as “accepted” until during business hours this morning (Saturday)? Which was also slightly after I pm’d the sender asking about the status. I’ve seen a missed scan or two, but short of getting kicked into a back corner I’ve never seen the acceptance scan delayed for two days.
Odds are very high; it happens to me frequently when I mail priority packages. Longest I remember is 1 week.

Packages arriving at the Cleveland Main PO - a regional center - in late Fall, 2020, often remained in the delivering trucks for days. This was covered by local TV. Drivers were unhappy unless their trucks has sleeping lofts, and even then they complained about having to leave their trucks and walk to get food through the dangerous neighborhood in Ohio's murder capital. Other trucks waited days to pick up packages. As a result, packges arriving in Clevlend took days to get to outlying POs served by Cleveland Main., or so it was repeatedly reported. USPS was not answering telephones and refused interviews, having security order reporters off the property. Letters seems to be delayed only slightly.

Most of my incoming packages and a few outgoing sit in the local Baltimore distribution center 5 to 9 days now. Crazy. If DeJoy's plan becomes reality I am switching my business shipping to UPS instead of USPS.

Baltimore & D.C. area P.O.'s SUCK!

Back