Posting Pics

I'm an idiot....apparently
From Photobucket, to one I dont remember, to Imgur..everything I finally figure out how to use an post a pic..suddenly changes. How are you guys posting pics?

I used to have to switch to an older phone to upload .
But now I take the picture add it to photo editor on my samsung and resize it to upload here otherwise it just keeps saying file too big annoying to be fair

. Lowest resolution on my phone.

Sadly I gave up and quit posting pics a while ago, one day I will figure it out....again....and again and....

I use Imgur and it works really well ?
copy and paste BB code in the body of your post.

*While taking photos with my iPhone 8*
I take a medium to wide original picture then crop the picture only showing the subject. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t.

When Photobucket screwed us, and people were recommending IMGUR, it was pointed out that using them for 3rd party posting was a violation of their terms of service. Has that changed?

I haven't had any complaints with imgur. Kinda clumsy taking pics, then moving them to my computer in order to get them on imgur, but that's my own fault for not wanting the app on my phone.

resinguy resinguy - I don't know if that status has or hasn't changed, but that is well worth looking into so as to not have history repeat itself.

I use an app on my phone called Lit Photo. It shoots them back to my phone's photo gallery. Then I upload them from my phone. It gives different options on how to go about resizing them. Some ways work really good. Some ways make the pic look like crap. I don't do it often enough to remember which is the right way, so it normally takes me a few tries. Lol!

I use https://postimages.org/

Unlike Imgur, they specifically allow for posting images to forums.

You can create an account (for free) (which I've done and find is really good), or you can just post an image anonymously without creating an account.

Under sharing for each image, use their 'direct link' option - copy and paste that address into a bladeforums post using the 'image' button, or paste it directly into the post text and bookend it with the code provided by Lex2006 above.

I use Imgur now because resizing creates low resolution images. It works . . . for the moment.

I will try the app referred by Currawong Currawong though because I've been uncomfortable with the Imgur terms from jump street.

Back