Potential European Everlasting GAW?

Hey folks,
lately I've been more of a lurker and a poster, but the development in another thread made me think of something. MrKnife started a series of GAW's ( http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/round-11-of-mrknifes-everlasting-gawstopper.1513229/ ) that's still lasting. A truly wonderful idea. Now, we know that most of you here on the porch are from the States. We can all understand that a thing like that can't really be done internationally, customs and shipping costs create quite a problem. I myself have experienced some of the big generosity here, yet I haven't given back as much as I'd like to. Being a EU resident, I came to think that we could try to make a similar thing for us who live in Europe. As you might know, you can ship within the EU without the problems with customs and the like.

The purpose of this thread is to see how many of us European porch dwellers would be interested in something like that. Please express your interest here. Should there be quite a few (a bit more than 3 or 4 would be nice, otherwise it'll be boring), I will start a GAW with all the rules and information in a separate thread. I don't want to offend anyone or be exclusive, but this one would be for EU members only for the reasons stated above. Since my "collection" of knives isn't all that great, it would be a humble start although I have a few knives that I don't use and would happily send on their way.

I hope you're up for the fun, please write if you'd be interested and if there will be enough of us, I will begin. Otherwise I'll make a smaller GAW for everyone in the future.

Cheers,
Žan

Well thank you for the offer :) but I don't live in EUROPE I live in CANADA that's why I ask to be taken off the US Only GAW. It was my mistake I didn't read the rules close enough :eek: :oops:

Last edited:
Well thank you for the offer :) but I don't live in EUROPE I live in CANADA that's why I ask to be taken off the US Only GAW. It was my mistake I didn't read the rules close enough :eek: :oops:

My apologies, it seems I pulled conclusions a bit too quickly, eh? :oops:

My apologies, it seems I pulled conclusions a bit too quickly, eh? :oops:
Not a problem. I was hoping to possibly get a Canadian Version of this GAW but I don't think there's enough interest at this time here. Good luck on yours though ISKRA :thumbsup::cool:

Not a problem. I was hoping to possibly get a Canadian Version of this GAW but I don't think there's enough interest at this time here. Good luck on yours though ISKRA :thumbsup::cool:

Thanks. It'd be great if we could get a few more people to join, there seems to be way less of us than I thought ...

There are a few here from the uk,but as we are leaving the customs union things wont be straightforward .

There are a few here from the uk,but as we are leaving the customs union things wont be straightforward .

Yes but Brexit negotiations are very much at the initial stage, I'd be surprised if you saw any real effect for at least another 2 years. think of the situation with regard to GB and Eire for example.

Good idea Zan. I think there used to be a European Knives Forum, if that were revived some trades or sales could also take place.

bonzodog bonzodog I actually don't know about such a ban proposal. :eek: Is it in effect already?

Will Power Will Power that'd be neet, we should give it a shot. I'll give this a few more days, hopefully it will atrackt a few more people.

Back