• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Potential Scammer alert/stolen knife?

Good morning bf.
Just felt the need to share a recent issue that Ive never experienced in 14 years of dealing with paypal.

In late Oct an ebay member contacted me with there email addy and to contact them direct so I did. He was interested in a couple knives I had for sale on there (and here). He made me an offer of which I even went out of my way to one up by covering the shipping, sometimes I like to be nice. Well at any rate, we agreed on terms, he paid, I shipped and they were delivered.

Fast forward 3 months ahead to yesterday, I wake to a dispute saying that deal was unauthorized and that the buyer has initiated a credit card chargeback so now paypal has me running through hoops in order to provide the info they need to protect me. It was a personal payment of which I NEVER request, but whatever, as a seller sure Ill take it if you want and you can trust me to insure the item and not hose you. Well if the buyer uses a credit card for that gift payment and files a dispute with the credit card, not so much the case, the seller loses sellers protection, doh.

After it settles in, I contact the buyer politely, he ignores me until I let him know I will make it my lives mission to drag his name through the mud. He replies saying his paypal account was hacked and that he knows this must be painful for me but it will all be over soon. Now im not a tech guru but that simply does not seem to add up. Was his paypal, email and ebay all
Hacked and would you still be using said accounts if that is the case? Im seriously asking?

First off, his ebay name (tylermich) is a spinoff from his real name (Michael Tyler), as is his email/paypal addy mftyler33@gmail.com and public records show him living where I sent the knives. Not only that but his ebay feedback shows him purchasing mainly knives.

I advise you block him on ebay and via email contact. If he is a member here, please stand up.

78a520bdd9988db07af09bfb20ea9e17.jpg
4c36c4a8253d23e96eb224eda9ebd6e1.jpg

977594ac90333631626a590adf68c639.jpg

e462fc616e807a0a7c200fede0405e1d.jpg

I sent him this one of a kind scrapyard camo sod and a spyderco mule. If anyone ever sees it out there please inform me.

d7a6fc0c952decbf556904978073cdc7.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that stinks. Hopefully this will end up in your favor.

Thanks. I provided paypal with emails where he says payment sent -m tyler so not sure how him saying its unauthorized will stand if we are basing things on logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear man. I bought a knife off you, and can confirm you're an excellent person with which to do business. It was a small Custom Shop Game Warden, green and black G10 (through Ebay). Hope things work out in your favor.

Vaguely remember a situation here where the guy said his PP account was hacked-turned out to be total BS if I remember right.

Eric, this creep is a disgrace. Can you contact his bank and explain the scam to them?

I ran his email address and it matches Bladeforums registered user Mikey T33. I am going to ban this scammer now.

Eric, this creep is a disgrace. Can you contact his bank and explain the scam to them?

I ran his email address and it matches Bladeforums registered user Mikey T33. I am going to ban this scammer now.

Thank you very much Sir.
I would love to contact his bank to inform them but I have no clue on how about going about such since that info does not appear to show on my end?

Sorry to hear man. I bought a knife off you, and can confirm you're an excellent person with which to do business. It was a small Custom Shop Game Warden, green and black G10 (through Ebay). Hope things work out in your favor.

Thanks for the kind words Sir :)

Seems to run a drilling company out of his house and has a married daughter, so not some teenager. Old enough to know better.

Contact local police. Did he report the alleged crime? Who did it?

Good morning bf.
Just felt the need to share a recent issue that Ive never experienced in 14 years of dealing with paypal.
After it settles in, I contact the buyer politely, he ignores me until I let him know I will make it my lives mission to drag his name through the mud. He replies saying his paypal account was hacked and that he knows this must be painful for me but it will all be over soon. Now im not a tech guru but that simply does not seem to add up. Was his paypal, email and ebay all
Hacked and would you still be using said accounts if that is the case? Im seriously asking?

No, it doesn't make sense - if my paypal account is hacked, the hacker will try to purchase stuff and have it delivered at ghost addresses. Issuing a chargeback doesn't help the hacker at all. Unless I've missed something, this is pure Bravo Sierra.

Hope everything works out well for you! Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Very disturbing .. sorry that you have this going on. This is my biggest fear with pay pal . I buy and sell knives very often and sometimes the value run well over a grand and I often wonder how I would react in this situation. Please keep us posted

So he's claiming that someone else used all of his accounts and now he wants a refund for the knives you sold to him?

Sounds like a scam to me.

I'd be filing charges with the Postal Inspectors and contacting his local PD if I were you.

Thx for the input yall.
He just emailed me

Him-On Feb 15, 2017, at 3:02 PM, michael tyler wrote:
Hahaha you're insane. This is happening to 10 other people right now and you're the only one acting this way. I'm not trying to screw you. I told you this would all be over in a day or two and im completely sorry for the inconvenience. If you continue on with this attitude you'll end up doing something you'll regret. They haven't even taken the money from your account, and they won't. It might say negative a certain amount, but they haven't taken anything from your account. Once again I'm truly sorry about all this, don't make me change my mind

Me:please explain where are my knives that were shipped to your address? Hackers use ghost address, not the person who they're hacking's address. It's very basic logic. Explain to me how somebody took over your ebay account and wanted to negotiate, direct me to your email of which you are still using? They hacked all 3 accounts And they just happen to want to thieve something you also collect, knives? You said Money sent and followed it with your name as a closing of the email, lol, some pretty elaborate hackers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back