• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Potential Scammer alert/stolen knife?

Could be his kid used his info to buy a bunch of things. Not likely, but possible as there have been some cases.

What I don't understand is this "I told you this would all be over in a day or two and im completely sorry for the inconvenience. If you continue on with this attitude you'll end up doing something you'll regret. They haven't even taken the money from your account, and they won't."

What "inconvenience"? A charge-back is a Hell of a lot more than "inconvenience." Is he denying that he initiated a charge-back?

Last edited:
That sucks man.
I would hound Paypal & Ebay until there was no end.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Could be his kid used his info to buy a bunch of things. Not likely, but possible as there have been some cases.

What I don't understand is this "I told you this would all be over in a day or two and im completely sorry for the inconvenience. If you continue on with this attitude you'll end up doing something you'll regret. They haven't even taken the money from your account, and they won't."

What "inconvenience"? A charge-back is a Hell of a lot more than "inconvenience." Is he denying that he initiated a charge-back?

His reply below. He never explained anything in detail nor mention an accident, he simply said his acct was hacked.

(Him-I've already explained to you what happened. The filing of the claim was an accident set about by unauthorized purchases and paypal said it would be fixed asap. Very simple thing. Unless you actually posted libel whether online or anywhere else, then this has just begun and I'd recommend reading up on defamation law, and not just the brief summary that Google will supply you with. Also I have a completely new paypal account and email. I had a computer stolen and someone had received all of my info. Maybe Hacked wouldn't be the term you'd like to use. I still have this email and have changed the password. Though I do not use it, I have it for specific reasons)

Me-Filing of the claim was an accident? No you never explained and I do not even follow what that means and what it has to do with me. Where are my knives that were sent to your address?

Me soon after-My friend just shared info with me after I explained what was going on, after your last two messages he has me wandering, here is what he said, can you confirm if this is what you mean by accident and why you seem so certain of the outcome?
(What happened was the buyer had a credit card problem (hacker/ID theft) and the bank or credit card froze all the recent transactions, and that went through to PP of the seller. It was cleared up after a few days. This sounds like what this guy may be alluding to. Why he doesn't spell it out for you I don't know. I would ask him to do just that-spell out where he stands with you and what is going on.)

Me-(note the threat he mentions was simply this thread) This is your first response to me, it is very vague
(I will not respond to anymore threats. My PayPal account was hacked and this is happening to more people besides you. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, I truly understand that it must be a terrible pain in the assignment, but it will be worked out as soon as paypal is finished.)

Him-Everyone else I've contacted has had a rational and mature conversation with me. I apologized and I've guaranteed them all that if everything is not worked out completely to their satisfaction in a few days that I will personally compensate them. You however decided to take a different route. I don't have to explain anything to you, but I made an attempt which you failed to comprehend. I work three jobs and am paying my way through college, and have recently had my bank account drained of over $5000 so I know about financial troubles, you clearly have information on my dad and not me. I'm extremely busy and I don't really have time to sit here and get berated by a pizza guy that feels sorry for himself and can't see the fact that the problem he is bitching about will be solved shortly. You have nothing to worry about unless you've done something illegal. If you have any problems you can come down to Alabama and personally display them to me or I can come up to Indiana, but I'm not going to be threatened by someone hiding behind the internet

Me-I will happily leave you alone with a simple question that you have constantly avoided, do you have my knives?

By the way you never contacted me PayPal did, I contacted you get it straight. You have been nothing but vague and avoided my questions, I think it's reasonable that I am very skeptical. As for meeting face-to-face LOL, now who is being over the top?

Also You never mentioned compensation to me as you claimed to have with the "reasonable ones". Had you ensured such with me, this would of been over after your first reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have family that lives in Andalusia. Maybe we can send some good ol boy rednecks to pay him a welfare check!

Are they convenient for visits to Angola? :rolleyes:

A. Criminal conspiracy is the agreement or combination of two or more persons for the specific purpose of committing any crime; provided that an agreement or combination to commit a crime shall not amount to a criminal conspiracy unless, in addition to such agreement or combination, one or more of such parties does an act in furtherance of the object of the agreement or combination.

If the intended basic crime has been consummated, the conspirators may be tried for either the conspiracy or the completed offense, and a conviction for one shall not bar prosecution for the other.

B. Whoever is a party to a criminal conspiracy to commit any crime shall be fined or imprisoned, or both, in the same manner as for the offense contemplated by the conspirators; provided, however, whoever is a party to a criminal conspiracy to commit a crime punishable by death or life imprisonment shall be imprisoned at hard labor for not more than thirty years.
2011 Louisiana Laws, Revised Statutes, TITLE 14 — Criminal law, RS 14:26 — Criminal conspiracy

Definitely a scam, Eric.

The douche revealed his true nature when made his vague threat against you, "If you continue on with this attitude you'll end up doing something you'll regret." This is not a statement someone who's trying to make things right goes shooting off his mouth saying...it just don't match up. Plus, bundle in all the other stall tactics he's throwing your way and it's even clearer to me...SCAM.

You've got delivery confirmations to his address via USPS, right?

If so, why isn't this open/shut for eBay & PayPal?

Worst I can see happening is that you AND the lowlife are BOTH covered...but now I wouldn't be satisfied until the guy gets in trouble with the law and ebay & PayPal together!!!

his reactions to your honest and legitimate questions seem odd. was gonna say more but better i dont. hope ya come okay on this. what a cluster......

Do you know the credit card used to make the payment? If so, I'd be talking to their fraud folks.

Definitely sounds like a load of crap to me. From the conversations you provided, he hasn't made anything clear, but it seems like he's saying that someone hacked his account and filed some false chargebacks. That don't even make any damn sense. Why would someone go through the effort of hacking into his account and then try to get some money returned to him? That's just stupid and if that truly did happen, I believe he would've given a thorough explanation and acknowledged the stupidity of it. I'd keep pushing the issue until I got a perfectly clear explanation from him. He's probably being vague to avoid admitting anything that would cause his plan to backfire.

Go here and enter his address:

http://www.alabamagis.com/covington/frameset.cfm

You can see all sorts of stuff. Looks like the property is on the SW side of Diane Drive and Christy Lane. Also looks like he and Barbara own the house.

You can also call Covington County SO and do a check for him in their records. I am sure it will need to be in writing from you with some fee, but those records should be public. They may also be interested to know what happened. I am not saying that this alone will be sufficient for them to act, but there may be other things going on with him and the law that you are not privy to which, taken together, might have their interest.

You guys rock thanks for the support and insight, Owe you all a beer.

At this point I am worn out and just so very confused, not sure who I am even talking to at this point. Gonna just ride it out and see how it ends.

Here is our last comms. Please note, I never sent hateful emails before he first replied, all I said after he ignored me all day was that I would drag his name through the mud if he doesnt end this. This would be put to rest If he would simply say "yes Usps is correct, the knives were delivered", but as someone mentioned above, I am getting the feeling he is avoiding the question as it could come back to bite him, idk, hope I am wrong, I will accept it if so. Have a good night everyone.

Him-When I checked my emails and found out about all of this I notified everyone involved except you. Because you're crude and had already sent hateful emails. I'm very busy and I'm not around my phone all day I guess unlike you, so I didn't know about this until last night. Obviously I don't promise you anything. Your a selfish non intelligent prick that thinks he's way more important than he is. You've destroyed any chance of me doing anything nice to me, and when I find you listed me anywhere as an identity thief, or scam artist, or anything of that nature then I can guarantee you one thing, I will ruin your sad miserable life and exhaust every available resource to bring down a defamation lawsuit on you. Also if I find out that you're the person that called my parents house last night at midnight I'll add counts of harassment to it. You better grow up quick and start delivering pizzas. There are ways to handle things in this world, but you obviously don't know what those ways are

Me-You are all over the place. What are you talking about? Your parents? So this public information containing an identical name, this exact email you are now using, and where I shipped the knives isnt even you? The plot thickens. Guess I will in fact have to call them and gain some clarity since you cant even answer if you did or did not get the knives which would put this to a simple end, instead you deflect and simply look guilty as hell. Quit trying to turn this around onto me, when someone gets a chargeback with no true explanation, yep, its reasonable to get pissed off, I am not sorry. Had you gave me the same reply as all the others you mention, this would of never went south. And all it takes for it to end is for you to say, yes I got the knives of which usps confirms were delivered, simple. Instead you want to toss out insults and threaten me lol. Right on man. Done with this. You sleep well little guy.

Eta his follow up, notice he still will not answer if he got the knives.

Him-I recommend you quit acting in an irrational manner. There is nothing further that I can do. Everything has been worked out and sometime soon your money should be refunded(*they havnt taken it yet fyi bf of which Ive stated to him) However I'd appreciate you not reply back to me with any snide remarks as it will only strengthen my case for harassment. This would've gone the same way and would've been solved just like it is going to be without you ever making a rude comment. You're the person who chooses to be small in your actions. Your thoughts and your character.

Last edited:
Also ment to ask, he is throwing all these legal terms out there. Should I feel threatened? If Ive over stepped my boundries I would think this would of got locked as bf wants no part of that sort of thing? If so, feel free to lock and delete and I will glady take the $300 up the chute if it comes to that. Just trying to share my experience is all.

Eric...what did your USPS tracking show? Delivered in/at mailbox of this idiot's residence?

If so, this has gotta be a slam dunk for saving your money back AT LEAST...

Contact Monofletch <bf member> he's super knowledgeable, hyper-helpful USPS employee and he lives to help his blade brother like you & me...he's helped me once. :D:thumbup:

As for the legal mumbo jumbo he's trying to spook you, IMHO. I'd say you've got him by the short hairs and he's starting to squirm.

You guys rock thanks for the support and insight, Owe you all a beer.

At this point I am worn out and just so very confused, not sure who I am even talking to at this point. Gonna just ride it out and see how it ends.

Here is our last comms. Please note, I never sent hateful emails before he first replied, all I said after he ignored me all day was that I would drag his name through the mud if he doesnt end this. This would be put to rest If he would simply say "yes Usps is correct, the knives were delivered", but as someone mentioned above, I am getting the feeling he is avoiding the question as it could come back to bite him, idk, hope I am wrong, I will accept it if so. Have a good night everyone.

Him-When I checked my emails and found out about all of this I notified everyone involved except you. Because you're crude and had already sent hateful emails. I'm very busy and I'm not around my phone all day I guess unlike you, so I didn't know about this until last night. Obviously I don't promise you anything. Your a selfish non intelligent prick that thinks he's way more important than he is. You've destroyed any chance of me doing anything nice to me, and when I find you listed me anywhere as an identity thief, or scam artist, or anything of that nature then I can guarantee you one thing, I will ruin your sad miserable life and exhaust every available resource to bring down a defamation lawsuit on you. Also if I find out that you're the person that called my parents house last night at midnight I'll add counts of harassment to it. You better grow up quick and start delivering pizzas. There are ways to handle things in this world, but you obviously don't know what those ways are

Me-You are all over the place. What are you talking about? Your parents? So this public information containing an identical name, this exact email you are now using, and where I shipped the knives isnt even you? The plot thickens. Guess I will in fact have to call them and gain some clarity since you cant even answer if you did or did not get the knives which would put this to a simple end, instead you deflect and simply look guilty as hell. Quit trying to turn this around onto me, when someone gets a chargeback with no true explanation, yep, its reasonable to get pissed off, I am not sorry. Had you gave me the same reply as all the others you mention, this would of never went south. And all it takes for it to end is for you to say, yes I got the knives of which usps confirms were delivered, simple. Instead you want to toss out insults and threaten me lol. Right on man. Done with this. You sleep well little guy.

He's trying to gaslight you.

That email didn't look like big auction site. Did you two communicate outside of big auction? Was the deal negotiated and consummated outside of big auction?

That email didn't look like big auction site. Did you two communicate outside of big auction? Was the deal negotiated and consummated outside of big auction?

You can say ebay here, you just can't link to there.

Eric...what did your USPS tracking show? Delivered in/at mailbox of this idiot's residence?

If so, this has gotta be a slam dunk for saving your money back AT LEAST...

Contact Monofletch <bf member> he's super knowledgeable, hyper-helpful USPS employee and he lives to help his blade brother like you & me...he's helped me once. :D:thumbup:

As for the legal mumbo jumbo he's trying to spook you, IMHO. I'd say you've got him by the short hairs and he's starting to squirm.

Thanks man for info. Yes it shows delivered and it required a signature. Wander if they still have proof of that signature 3 months later?
380c1da357c571abc7bd7eb381d60eba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back