• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Potential Scammer alert/stolen knife?

Dang Eric. I hope you get made whole in this case man. Thanks for making us aware, and also to Esav for banning that dude here.

I assume that PayPal has the information on the credit card that was used. Perhaps a contact to PayPal, specifically asking them to alert the CC's fraud folks? They don't play.

I assume that PayPal has the information on the credit card that was used. Perhaps a contact to PayPal, specifically asking them to alert the CC's fraud folks? They don't play.

The cc folks have been involved before I was as they are the ones who contact paypal via the chargeback. Paypal has all the info I have of which they share with the credit card company to dispute the claim. I called paypal yesterday and the man I spoke to was very positve, he says its obvious the package was delivered and that they are certainly on my side esp when someone files a chargeback instead of simply contacting them.

That said, Ive not called the public phone # as some have advised, Plan to do something else but will hold off on explaining just in case Mr Tyler is watching this thread.

Thanks for all the support everyone, will let you all know as soon as I hear anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since when is being a pizza delivery person a bad thing? Or uneducated? School is not for everyone. I have a degree, but I completely understand why some people prefer other avenues. This kid is a rude little prick. He probably doesn't even have a job and just sponges off his parents.

Hope everything works out.

Since when is being a pizza delivery person a bad thing? Or uneducated? School is not for everyone. I have a degree, but I completely understand why some people prefer other avenues. This kid is a rude little prick. He probably doesn't even have a job and just sponges off his parents.

Hope everything works out.

Thanks man. For the record I love to deliver pizzas and make pretty good cash doing it for my efforts. I am also $600 from "owning" my associates degree in business that I got in 08 so not completely uneducated, just a bit dense. Also have a registered business certificate for sheath stuff I sell on ebay.

Eric, sounds like the tide is turning in your favor!

Hope your next post is telling us you got to keep your coin <at least> and the chargeback has gone away...

Hey brother, you're straight up aces to all the members here who matter :thumbup:...keep us updated!

Thanks man. For the record I love to deliver pizzas and make pretty good cash doing it for my efforts. I am also $600 from "owning" my associates degree in business that I got in 08 so not completely uneducated, just a bit dense. Also have a registered business certificate for sheath stuff I sell on ebay.

You don't owe anyone any justification for your job. As long as you are not stealing or hurting anyone (and I have no reason to think you are), then who cares how you support yourself. To hell with anyone that judges you for delivering pizzas. I hate that kind of condescending BS, and think it says a lot more about the person saying it than it does about you.

I have seen you around the forum a number of times, and you have always seemed like a very cool guy. You totally don't deserve this, although you have handled it great. Much respect for you patience, politeness and cool head. I really hope that this has a good ending for you.

Wow, that sucks! :eek:

Karma is a beeotch, and always wins in the end.

I had to deal with a chargeback claim last year at my business, first one ever in 13 years of business. From what information I gathered, the credit card company automatically issues the chargeback when a claim is filed and then it is up to the business owner/seller to prove the facts of the case. It was drawn out process. The credit card company would only accept written testimony via fax or mail which made the process drag on longer than needed and the customer (buyer) was allowed an appeal of my testimony. In the end I clearly proved the customer had received the product and the credit card company reimbursed the funds to me but it took about 45-60 days.
You should be fine!

Good morning bf.
Just felt the need to share a recent issue that Ive never experienced in 14 years of dealing with paypal.

First off, his ebay name (tylermich) is a spinoff from his real name (Michael Tyler), as is his email/paypal addy mftyler33@gmail.com and public records show him living where I sent the knives. Not only that but his ebay feedback shows him purchasing mainly knives.

I advise you block him on ebay and via email contact. If he is a member here, please stand up.

^ I really appreciate you taking the time alerting the forum regarding, Michael Tyler. :thumbup: Thank you!

Dang Eric. I hope you get made whole in this case man. Thanks for making us aware, and also to Esav for banning that dude here.

^ +1

Eric, sounds like the tide is turning in your favor!

Hope your next post is telling us you got to keep your coin <at least> and the chargeback has gone away...

Hey brother, you're straight up aces to all the members here who matter :thumbup:...keep us updated!

^ +1

You don't owe anyone any justification for your job. As long as you are not stealing or hurting anyone (and I have no reason to think you are), then who cares how you support yourself. To hell with anyone that judges you for delivering pizzas. I hate that kind of condescending BS, and think it says a lot more about the person saying it than it does about you.

I have seen you around the forum a number of times, and you have always seemed like a very cool guy. You totally don't deserve this, although you have handled it great. Much respect for you patience, politeness and cool head. I really hope that this has a good ending for you.

^^^ THIS! :thumbup: :thumbup:

We are all pulling for you and hope this all works out in your favor....be good at what you do, Life isn't easy and it takes all kinds :thumbup:

This seems a possible mountainous molehill to me. Created by some awful communication.

Just to play devil's advocate, there's a chance that the claim was indeed accidental or itself fraudulent in nature and that's what he meant by "it'll all be over soon." As in, I've already told them that the charge for your knives was legitimate and now we're just waiting on the cogs to finish turning.

Having worked top tier customer service for a major creditor when I was younger, I can say that the process isn't quick and once a transaction has been marked fraudulent it'll be some time before the funds are released from escrow. No matter which side wins or whether or not the customer clears it.

Of course, there's also the possibility that he's a scammer and got beaten here.

Either way, good luck.

^^^^
If so, there is no reason I can think of, that the buyer could not or would not fill the OP in on what was going on
Otherwise I see the possibility of your scenario

I hope it works out for you but I've seen this happen before. A member of another group I'm in had a fraudulent charge for something unrelated but PayPal (or his CC) pulled all the payments to everyone he had made payments to in our group at roughly the same time which seemed really sketchy. However, once he explained those charges were legit everyone got their money back. Maybe that is what happened?

Thank you for posting this valuable info. Selling knives, anything for that matter should not be such a hassle.

The scenario of a kid using dad's cc and buying knives and cheating people has happened here before , about a year ago I believe . The parents were called and things then seemed to change , but it was not until mom got involved that all folks were made whole .

Maybe he is back .

The scenario of a kid using dad's cc and buying knives and cheating people has happened here before , about a year ago I believe . The parents were called and things then seemed to change , but it was not until mom got involved that all folks were made whole .

Maybe he is back .

I remember that mess Jack! His mom reached out and asked us to delete posts so the bullshit he caused wouldn't hurt him later in life!! Think he was 14 or 15.
A few of us thought those posts should have stayed up.
Joe

Back