• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Pout house membership?

Recommend pout house membership?

• Yes

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Bo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
I have been toying around with the idea of buying a pout house membership, mostly to look and purchase their exclusive knives. Anybody here have a membership? Do you recommend it? Are there really that man exclusives? Thanks in advance.

If this question can’t be asked here, moderator please remove the thread. Thanks.

Have a couple LTWK’s and have wondered this as well...
Which ones do you have? How do you like them? I am thinking about the great plainsman but I am concerned that with the thumb depression, the sharp part of the spine is more towards the tip which is not where I would scrape tinder or use a ferro rod.

Have a Patriot (FFG / 3v), Camp Muk (FFG / 3v), Genesis (Scandi / A2), Lagom (Scandi / O1) so far. They are all great knives. Well built, good heat treats, take and hold edges well. I like his approach to handles as well; fills the hand nicely, no hot spots, low fatigue during long term use. Can't go wrong with a LTWK.

I also have the lil drover in D2. It is a Blind Horse model (before LT and Battle Horse Knives parted ways), so essentially the same as an LT. Great little knife!

What drew you to the Great Plainsman specifically? Would the Next Gen work better for you? Small kephart style blade and you get the entire spine for bushcraft tasks.

Last edited:
I like the the handle looks like an almost full handle for a small blade. I liked it over the NG for weight. I may co spider the small maverick too.

I ended up joining the house! Seems like a great bunch of guys!!

Interesting and I'd never heard of it until now. If you would have asked me yesterday what the pout house was I'd have said "a fetish website"? Looks like DLT sells the knives too

As a PH member you have opportunity to purchase one-off knives that are NOT available any where else.. They have specials where they make one knife and sell it also by member lotto.. Also invites to sales, events that are only for PH members..
John

As a PH member you have opportunity to purchase one-off knives that are NOT available any where else.. They have specials where they make one knife and sell it also by member lotto.. Also invites to sales, events that are only for PH members..
John
I get that, it just seems off to me to pay for the right to do so. You're basically paying for a chance to pay more money.

I get that, it just seems off to me to pay for the right to do so. You're basically paying for a chance to pay more money.

Your paying to be a member and that along with many more is one of the member benefits..:D
John

I was a member for a while. It is not a bad deal if you like LT's knives. The access to unique stuff made it more than worth it for me.

The folks on the form are super nice and LT and the entire crew in his shop are really good people. Seriously, I cannot say enough good things about LT and his company.

You’re paying to be a member here. Why?
I paid to support the site and to sell things. I don't need it to buy anything and if it did, it's not limiting me to buying from only one maker. So those are completely different circumstances

I paid to support the site and to sell things. I don't need it to buy anything and if it did, it's not limiting me to buying from only one maker. So those are completely different circumstances

So that forum that LT Wright is running doesn’t cost him any money? It’s free to own and maintain? Members there are paying to support it, just like you said you’re doing on BF. See the similarity here?

It's really no different than the Case Collectors Club and other similar clubs. Nothing wrong with it if you like his stuff and $20 to join gives him an idea of how many are serious as opposed to tire kickers. I didn't see much that looked unique as opposed to the many other bushcraft knives out there but for some it may be exactly what they want.

So that forum that LT Wright is running doesn’t cost him any money? It’s free to own and maintain? Members there are paying to support it, just like you said you’re doing on BF. See the similarity here?
No I don't, but if you like it have fun.

No I don't, but if you like it have fun.

That’s a weird response. I’m not a member of the pout house. This has nothing to do with liking it or having fun. Just simply pointing out that the concept of paying a small fee to be part of a group that has advantages over not being a paying member is nothing new. It’s not any different than you paying to be a member here. Your view that it’s totally different is amusing to try and understand.

So I guess this is fun?

That’s a weird response. I’m not a member of the pout house. This has nothing to do with liking it or having fun. Just simply pointing out that the concept of paying a small fee to be part of a group that has advantages over not being a paying member is nothing new. It’s not any different than you paying to be a member here. Your view that it’s totally different is amusing to try and understand.

So I guess this is fun?

:thumbsup:

Back