Power Outage= Great Outdoor Pics

Mrs. Big Chris

We were just getting ready to go out to the shop this morning when our power went out. It took FOREVER for the electric company to get it back on. Although the day was a wash as far as shop time goes, we were able to get a couple awesome pics of some new knives.

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

IMG_3153.jpg

IMG_3154.jpg

Both are handled in some awesome micarta from the guys over at Shadetree. I picked up the Pet Supplies one at Blade Show and Chris bought the Starry Night.

The Pet Supplies is made up of hamster bedding...how awesome is that?

Last edited:
I was very surprised and pleased with how the Pet Supplies came out.
I was originally concerned about the stability of the wood particles so I rubbed the handle with some Danish Oil and it only darkened the material and gave it more Life. Very, Very little penetrated so I am very confident in the stability and longevity of the material.

I was excited to finish the Starry Night as I have never worked with Glow anything before. The above is only sanded to 120 grit. I plan to sand it a bit finer to bring out the colors a little more boldly.

Nice looking knives!

Really like that little puuko. Got any more details on that one?

Nice looking knives!

Really like that little puuko. Got any more details on that one?

Sure thing. It is ground from .154" CPM 10V, Heat Treated to 64 by Peters, 8.94" OAL, 4.12" Blade, Tapered Tang, Amazingly Comfortable in Hand.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

It's awesome to see the Pet Supplies on one of your knives, Chris. Very fitting.

And I think it is hard to go wrong with the Starry Night!

Back