Prayers for Lonni and Al

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
Our friend Karda is going thru a tough time. His wife of 27 yrs is in the hospital with Covid and needs our prayers.
From Cantina forum on Facebook.

Its been such a helluva month i hardly know where to begin.....
I suppose i'll have to start with asking all of my Cantinista friends to help me in healing prayer for my heart of hearts and my reason for breathing.
My dearest Lynnette "Lonni" Lux went in for IV antibiotics and a diagnosis of her foot. Tested negative for covid on intake. Was in hosp all weekend. On monday was supposed to go to rehab and then home but tested positive and was then moved to covid ward.
Am told by hospital that she mustve been exposed 7-10 days earlier. I don't believe so. I think she was infected at hospital because neither i or my son, who live in close proximity in a small house with her, are showing the slightest symptoms. If she were infected then, i should be in there with her right now on my own vent.
Now she lies in the ICU on a ventilator for this last week. Stable and comfortable, but sedated. She seems to be holding her own and is a strong woman......but i'm still sitting here scared and hoping beyond hope that i can hold her and kiss her smiling face again.
She is the kindest and most big hearted person (besides our Auntie) that i have ever known.
Please give her your strongest ongoing thoughts and prayers. It looks like shes in for the long haul.

uGxPagA.png

Smoke and prayers from Reno for fast recovery

Smoke up for all the family. All the best. Hang in there Al. Hope to hear from ya soon brother!

Here is new update from from Alan on FB Cantina:

"Now, she is off the vent mostly. only needs it when over exerted or oxygen low. passed her swallow test and will soon be allowed soft foods. We've been messaging each other and she seems ok, but beat up from it all. Been a good week and she should do even better when she gets some real food in her stomach."

Excellent! Thanks Aunti Yangdu for the update. Glad things are turning around for Lonni. Smoke up for Al and Lonni. Love yall!

Last edited:
New update-

Lonni is in Rehab. Another 1/2 hr further away. But at least i'm told their protocols are pretty strict. It just means i wont be able to visit as often as i'd like. She is officially Covid negative and just needs to get her strength back, walking again and trach removed. Shes been able to talk on the phone and we've been working on that since her cell phone died on her so she couldnt messenger. Shes doing well and in good spirits. If i know my sweetie like i think i do, she'll exceed doctors expectations again and be out of there sooner than predicted. Theres nothing like having your world almost ripped away from you in a brutal and heartbreaking manner to make you appreciate everything around you, especially those closest to you.

More Good News.......
Visited her at the new place. Tiny 25 room hospital with mostly Intensive care patients recuperating there. Nice staff that really seem to care and help. Lonni looked great. She had her Tracheotomy removed today and is talking pretty normal. Got to hug her and hold her hand finally (it was allowed) and it was so wonderful to see her in such good shape today. No word yet on home as its up to how she progresses. I'm thinking she should be good to go by end of next month at this rate.

Back