Prayers for the American people

My prayers are with you. Many of you are uncomfortably close to the tragedy of the twin towers. May God give strength, courage and consolation......

Thanks for your kind post, Johan. I'm not all that shocked about it, though. There's something about mankind that loves to hate, and it gets only gets worse when it's fed. The shedding of all innocent blood goes against the ultimate truth. The deed is done, and revenge won't change any of that. I do think that people who do this kind of thing would nuke anybody they choose, so I hope they can be stopped from doing it again. Vengeance is not ours, so that's not the way to go. And I think Dubya has his priorities right to seek the groups that carried this out and consider those that harbor them as accomplices.

As you know, I live about 2 hours southwest of D.C. and was at Walter Reed for 2 weeks of summer camp. I haven't been activated, but I'll bet the place is pretty busy. It's an excellent medical center. Some of the burns went 1.5 hours east to the Medical College of Virginia, in Richmond, where my previous unit is. Our local university helicopter helped with transporting the victims.

I appreciate your concern for those wounded and killed, and their lived ones. With God's help, we'll for sure get through this, without becoming like those who did the deed.

Dan

one of my best frineds lives 400yds from the base of the WTC, and I had a most uncomfortable 24h until I heard she was okay.

We in the UK feel your pain, and share your resolve.

-cub

Back