CLOSED PRE-ORDER CPK Keffeler Competition Cutter

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Please post only one time to this thread. Please do not make multiple posts or chat. This is my order list and it needs to stay simple and uncluttered or it isn't going to work.

I'm locking this to give folks a chance to read it before jumping into it. This will unlock at 5:00 EST.

I estimate it will take about three months for this pre-order to start to ship and possibly longer. I'm only committing to ship before the end of the year. If you need something faster this might not be for you.

These are some pictures of what it doesn't look like:

ehs60ph.jpg

9MbSaI6.jpg

^ that is the prototype, the production version is the same design but will be ground and tumbled after machining and look a little more like our other offerings, though being a first run small batch it won't be as refined as most of our other work meaning there will be tool and grind marks visible in the finish. The geometry will be spot on, but don't buy this looking for a beauty queen, it's made to be put to work. (that said, it will be a better fit and finish than most of the stuff on the race circuit)

The CPK-Keffeler Competition Cutter is a true high performance Blade Sports competition knife with an impressive racing pedigree. This is not a beginners knife nor is it an entry level knife, it is designed to perform at the highest levels of Blade Sports competition.

It's made of Uddeholm Vanadis 4 Extra SuperClean at HRC 63+ with an optimized heat treat similar in nature to the Delta protocol used for our Delta 3V. This material with this heat treat protocol delivers what I feel is the finest steel available for this application anywhere. I think it will outperform anything out there in this application and has dethroned CPM M4 as the king of steels with more world championships in recent history than any other steel.

Competitors are judged not only on their time and accuracy of cuts, points are deducted for damage to the knife. This steel with this heat treat resists bent bevels and chipped or rolled edge at thinner sections than other options allowing a thinner sharper knife which gives you a competitive advantage.

The grip is a little strange looking at first but makes sense once you're familiar with it. It is not a new or experimental design, it's based closely on a grip with three world championships on it that has proven to work well for a lot of different people with different hands.

The shallow S bevel geometry, edge angle and thickness are all based on proven geometry with many wins.

These knives will arrive fiendishly sharp and ready to race. They can be returned to be resharpened to race ready for a reasonable cost.

Specs:
V4E 63 HRC, .312 at ricasso (5/16")
Total length 15.0"
Blade length 10.0"
Blade width 2.0"
Weight 25.8 oz
Grippy 3D machined scales in micarta or TeroTuf
Black oxide treated 18-8 stainless steel fasteners
Forward lanyard

These are all “field grade”, “as machined” and stonewashed with tool and grind marks.

$750 in black unbuffed TeroTuf on a black micatra liner.

Shipping in the USA $10

There is no sheath included with this knife.

There are four configurations you can order this knife in.
1. Standard configuration, racing edge
2. Standard configuration, thick edge
3. Small configuration, racing edge
4. Small configuration, thick edge

The standard configuration with a racing edge is what folks like Dan race with. The thick edge is a somewhat thicker grind geometry and edge angle which is more durable but less competitive. The small configuration is the same blade geometry as the standard configuration but with a smaller handle for smaller people like Jo.

Part of the reason that Dan and I are doing this project is to expand BladeSports and make it more accessible. So, if you buy one of these knives and pursue and compete in Bladesports we will pay to get you started. Specifically we will reimburse you $150 which will cover your BladeSports training, your first year of BladeSports membership and your first race with a little bit left over for gas and a cup of coffee. All you have to do is buy a knife and demonstrate within one year that you've competed in a BSI sanctioned race event and I will mail you a check. If you are already BSI certified and are competing in races you can deduct that $150 from the price. Get out there and cut!

Here is the order process:

I'm going to take full payment in advance and hold your money. While I think this is usually a bad policy, so I don't generally recommend it, I've been around a while, my shop is an incorporated business established in 2001, so I'm probably not going anywhere. I will ship your knife when it's finished. Once your order is confirmed there are no refunds, changes or cancellations.

Material is here now and we have started cutting it up. They will ship as they're finished in the order that they are ordered in with the exception of BSI competitors who are waiting on it for a race will get theirs knives ASAP. As I'm building them, we will be producing other knives for other sales and pre-orders. This means you will see knives being sold while you're waiting for your knife.

When you place your order it will sit on the order thread for a day or more before we process it. In that time frame you can change your order. So, if you wake up and decide you want one instead of two, or you want thick instead of thin you can edit your post. Once Jo contacts you (you need email or PM "turned on" or send contact info to her) and you finalize your order it is finalized. Please don't add changes after-the-fact because it is this sort of thing that has made lists unmanageable in the past.

Jo will contact you to determine your payment preference. Options are check, cash, MO and paypal. You will also need to confirm where you want it shipped. This will be done by Jo the Machinist private message or email.

This list is for 40 knives.

If, after a while, you don't hear from us and we don't hear from you, something is getting lost in the interwebs or spam filters. So if you haven't confirmed your order and received your invoice after a week or two you should contact Jo at carothers knives at gmail dought com.

Jo, Mark and I appreciate all of your continued interest in our work and your support.

Thanks for looking.

One Standard w/racing edge

12/26 shipped

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Standard config racing edge and one
2. Standard config thick edge

8/9- one already shipped, 8/10 2nd shipping

1 please
Standard Configuration Racing Edge please and many thanks.

shipped

1 Please.

Edit:
Standard Configuration with Racing Edge. Thanks!
Changed to thicker edge. Sorry.

1/9 shipping

1. Standard configuration, racing edge

12/28 shipped

Withdrawn on the CPK KCC please.
Jo, Please PM me if withdrawing is not allowed.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Back