CLOSED PRE-ORDER CPK Keffeler Competition Cutter

I would love one... I know I’m late to the party but if there’s enough dropping out then I’m in!

The longest of long shots, I presume, have just gotten into this sport-for any "smalls" that come up/

Any updates Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist or Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist could share on the progress?

Thanks,
~Chip

The blades are all machined, they have been for a little while, and some of the scales are made, though we're experimenting with a hard vulcanized rubber (Ebonite) that I imported from Japan for this project and may offer as an alternative to TT if we can get our process for it dialed in and someone has a preference. Jo prefers the Ebonite, Dan likes them both about the same. The Ebonite is not as durable as the TT.

carothers_chopper.jpg

^ Jo's (small) chopper in Ebonite

I heat treated Jo's trainer here then we heat treated a limited lot of them at Peter's. I didn't want to risk the whole run before properly testing this batch of steel in this geometry with the new HT. It works as hoped and the balance of the knives are at Peter's now.

The first blades from this batch represented at the World Cutting Championship at the Atlanta Blade Show this year. Jo took 2nd in women's and Dan properly took 1st place in men's but an unprecedented judging error that wasn't noticed until too late put him in 2nd (I'm disappointed about this, but they don't go back and change the results after-the-fact). The knives perform and sail through rope but Jo's was sticking a little in the 1X4's. Mind you she was getting through the 1X4's in four or five hits (none of the other ladies were close to that) but in these deep blade burying hits we found some room for improvement so I have updated the special bevel grinding tooling to tweak that grind geometry and Jo and Dan have tested it and verified it does what we were wanting it to do. Dan told me it cuts as well as any knife he's ever run and he was getting some two and three hit 2X4 chops with his updated design.

32.jpg

There are six Competition Choppers delivered and I have more in process.

Thank you for your patience. These were machined and handled in every step 100% by me and I'm personally doing all of the finish grinding and sharpening which makes me a bottleneck here. I'm finishing out the few we have hardened here a few per week. The balance will return from Peter's in a couple weeks and I'll continue working through them as they arrive.

Nathan,

That all sounds outstanding boss, I can't wait to get these.

Will it be possible to get Ebonite scales after the fact if we choose to have our knives delivered with Terotuf now?

Nathan,

That all sounds outstanding boss, I can't wait to get these.

Will it be possible to get Ebonite scales after the fact if we choose to have our knives delivered with Terotuf now?

Yes, probably. We're going to be as accommodating as possible, particularly for competitors.

Anyone making sheathes for these yet? Don’t really have time to send out anywhere before my class&comp date. thanks in advance.

Anyone making sheathes for these yet? Don’t really have time to send out anywhere before my class&comp date. thanks in advance.

Just a heads up. Whomever makes your sheath, make sure that you can put your hand through the lanyard without having to partially unsheathed the blade and the sheath must have two ways of securing the blade.

Back