• Raptor - OAL 8 3/16”", Blade 4 1/8’"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (K2) Raptor - OAL 8 3/16”", Blade 4 1/8’"

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • (K) Apache - OAL 8 3/4”", Blade 4 1/4”"

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do not worry about this please, The deposit is for me to make sure people are serious and do not change their mind on a whim and leave me hanging, I know the vast majority of you guys are good on your orders, but I have had a handful of people in the past disappear on me once their work was completed. It also helps me out with freeing up capital to get more materials in for the next batch for a quicker turn around, this also guarantees your spot, and an invoice will be created and sent to you showing your deposit paid with the remaining outstanding balance due when completed, The Idea around keeping the number small is to have a quick turn around time. I cannot guarantee a specific date,I will however guarantee and estimated completion date, 2-3 weeks is my goal for each pre-order from time of pre-order to delivery. I will dedicate a work in progress thread so you can follow the progress of your build.

Awesome. I like it and am looking forward to the upcoming options. :)

Chris, it's interesting, but you're kind of innovating in a part of the business that few makers do. Lots of people make innovative or distinctive design features in their knives. This may be one of the more creative customer interface ideas I've heard of- kudos for thinking about it and being willing to put the work into streamlining the process for your customers and fans.

Chris, it's interesting, but you're kind of innovating in a part of the business that few makers do. Lots of people make innovative or distinctive design features in their knives. This may be one of the more creative customer interface ideas I've heard of- kudos for thinking about it and being willing to put the work into streamlining the process for your customers and fans.

Thank you! I like to think that innovation in my knives and how I do business is at the forefront of my thought process, I have always been one to take the road less traveled or in other words blazing my own trail. I am glad you take notice. I am always looking for ways to improve on what I do and create a better experience for you the customer, in turn we will all reap the rewards myself included.

Osprey Knife & Tool Osprey Knife & Tool is it possible to add a poll to this thread to gauge model interest for those interested in Preordered custom knives? Just curious what the regular forum followers and people who find this thread would choose given the material constraints.

I plan on doing that, I will either add it to this thread or start another and merge the two, I have an extra set of hands tonight to help me with the construction and set up of the new shop. So I am going to take advatagw of that. I will have a poll up by the end of the week!

Osprey Knife & Tool Osprey Knife & Tool is it possible to add a poll to this thread to gauge model interest for those interested in Preordered custom knives? Just curious what the regular forum followers and people who find this thread would choose given the material constraints.

I like the way this is shaping up especially with such well wrought ideas. With all that said I'd like to reiterate in my own words what was addressed earlier in this thread... . I fall somewhere between Danny's description of the "thrill of the chase" and the practicality of doing select batches likely based on a Poll. While we, the fans, followers, customers, friends, and fanatics have the advantage of being "In" on the Osprey Knife & Tool community, if you will, I for one, want the main advantage of doing select batches to be for Chris and Chris alone.

Last edited:
Okay guys here is a survey of what models you would like to Pre-order
The Poll only allowed me to have 10 choices, I chose the 10 I thought were the most likely, if you see do not see your choice on the poll, please add a comment below and I will tally these up.

I have only allowed one choice per person and you cannot change your selection once it is made, so please choose wisely, the poll is anonymous I nor anyone else can see who made what selection.

I will leave the poll open for 2 weeks, the rough plan is to get moved into the new shop, work out any kinks in my work flow that pops up to make sure there will not be any delays and I hope to have my first pre-order the first part of November!

Since I can only do one poll at a time I will open an additional thread for handle material options and I will see if I can merge the threads.

Here is a link to my model line-up and price schedule!

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/model-line-up-and-price-schedule.1393304/

The more people that answer the poll the better Idea I will have of which model to do first.

Okay guys here is a survey of what models you would like to Pre-order
The Poll only allowed me to have 10 choices, I chose the 10 I thought were the most likely, if you see do not see your choice on the poll, please add a comment below and I will tally these up.

I voted Tusk, just because I don't have one. But I hope you pursue some of the mash-ups you have produced recently - particularly along the lines of the Warthog with a Trailhand or explore other combos as discussed here: What is your favorite model and why?

I voted Tusk, just because I don't have one. But I hope you pursue some of the mash-ups you have produced recently - particularly along the lines of the Warthog with a Trailhand or explore other combos as discussed here: What is your favorite model and why?

I plan on doing more mashups, those will be offered outside the pre-order for the time being. I read your post in the What is your favorite model and why thread, Inhave not had the time to give the adequate response it deserves, hopefully once I get moved into the shop this weekend. I will be able to dedicate some time to catch up on replies here on the forum that I have fallen behind on.

Chris, What steel would the pre-orders be?

CPM154 for now

Technically the Trail Hand is in the lead. I voted for guardless Warthog, but Chris is already making me one so my vote shouldn't count now. :oops:

Technically the Trail Hand is in the lead. I voted for guardless Warthog, but Chris is already making me one so my vote shouldn't count now. :oops:
:eek: WHAT???? Well, I have a trail hand, warthog on the way. HMMMM. Come on Mamushi!! LOL. Aren't they all just bad a*s?

Back