1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prepare For The SYKCO Alpha Dog 6. . . INFI & Resiprene C. . .Wednesday, May 8, 2019 9:00pm Eastern!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, May 4, 2019.

1. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Good point Hyde ;) They might have held out for their favorite late night show at 8pm but called it a day after that.

hydeinmind likes this.
  2. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    I'm going to do BIG DC I think, Satin is just to purty to use, at least when I stare obsessively at my nuke NFNO.

3. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015

Lmao!

Maybe Jerry can start releasing new offerings at a more opportune time for all the old gu....ah I mean “Hogs” around here?

Maybe around 4pm after afternoon tea and Matlock and Murder She Wrote is over?

;):D:p

WatermanChris likes this.
  4. Stump Buster

Stump Buster Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2007

...and Monk, don't forget Monk (Boy I wish Hardcastle and McCormick was still on... HA HA HA).:D;)

WatermanChris and hydeinmind like this.
  5. Stump Buster

Nov 15, 2007
    I gave my DS6 and B8LE to different Buddies of mine, so this will be my new thINFI-n-ResC 6" blade. I still have my Euro Basic-6, but it is a little thicker in the spine. Curious to see how these two compare/balance.

6. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Hahahaha right? Just wish I could have paid an extra $200 to get this version Nuked! :p

WatermanChris and hydeinmind like this.
  7. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Oh Ghandi, even you deserve a little relief once in a while! If there was ever a HOG who could eat himself to death on bacon you would be in the running~ consider this like a "no dessert tonight" moment :D
    But yeah, I would've done it too but I'm good with it ~ I'm kind of proud of tapping out on big dc LOL! Almost like I had some control of the situation :D

hydeinmind and WatermanChris like this.
  8. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    I thought about picking up a couple of these for my niece and nephew for when they're older. These look like great camping knives and the grippy Res C would be great for them. But I had some self control and only bought one satin for me. :D

9. aleforme

aleforme Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Ha, got satin one a couple minutes after release.

10. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Yeah Len, I did the same. First BIG DC fresh from Wauseon for me. I'm planning to put some fine steel wool and Blue Magic Metal Polish to him (Alpha Dog is definitely a him) to put that glassy smooth finish that @clampdaddy does on his strippers. I feel it's gonna be the ultimate user. Most of my users (all except the wee ones) are Resi C strippers or CG.

11. Stump Buster

Nov 15, 2007
    WOW, it is slow here tonight. Maybe the youngsters are watching Hardcastle and McCormack re-runs on youtube.:D:D:D

hydeinmind and WatermanChris like this.
  12. shunsui

shunsui Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2008
    This satin is going to replace my coated Dog Soldier which is going to be designated for assignment.

13. JohnM

JohnM

Oct 22, 2005
    Went for one satin. Any thoughts how this will compare in weight and feel to the NFNO?

hydeinmind likes this.
  14. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    My wife is gonna kill me... Lol..
    Resisted the BIG DC for 8 hours. Finally caved... The 6" size really is super useful... Kept telling myself I could try to sell it if I decide I have too many 6-7" blades...

But I'll continue to wait for a bigger Dog.

Stump Buster and WatermanChris like this.
  15. knife36

knife36 Gold Member Gold Member

May 26, 2012
    Yep , in for two Satin's & one DC . Going to be a perfect user with the 6" blade and res c handle

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  16. hydeinmind

hydeinmind Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Nice choice! I only had and older NSFNO not the newer one but my guess is you will find this one to be much lighter and swifter in the hand w probably perfect balance right in front of the res c handle and very very comfortable and grippy in almost any situation!

JohnM, knife36 and WatermanChris like this.
  17. mikeymoto

mikeymoto Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 20, 2004
    It’s hard to resist any time INFI and res-c pair up. It’s that simple. Not that I have anything against SR-101, but, INFI!

hydeinmind, JohnM, duramax and 2 others like this.
  18. Paintguy71

Paintguy71 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2015
    I'm in the minority here, but that picture of the forest green sold me on the coated. That and the price.

19. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    Hammered Silver Ordered (thickest coating) woo hoo

duramax and WatermanChris like this.
  20. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Got a midnight blue. I like color, and how often do you see a blue coated knife? Unique. Plus since most companies charge more for coated blade than satin/stonewash it looks the more expensive option.:p
    Sorry to you hogs but this dog hopes next one is sr101!

WatermanChris likes this.