Prepariing for Bladeshow

Good day all,

I am getting ready to make the trip down to Bladeshow for the first time. I am really looking forward to it. Is it weird to have infi dancing in my head as I fall asleep?

Of course, I am from Canada so I will be taking this opportunity to do a bit more shopping that just the Bladeshow. I am hoping that someone here would be able to point me in the right direction.

I am going to be looking for:
300 blackout brass - as much as a guy can carry
Rainier AR15 charging handle x3 - bad ass x3
timney or gissele trigger for Ar 15 - added badass-ery
CZ parts - spring kit (lighter slide and main springs, stainless steel guide rod) and of course aluminium grips (preferably blue).
M203 grenade launcher - on my wish list but my gov't seems to think i dont need one.
Shooting apparel and gadgetry - on the lookout for some good comfortable clothes to wear to the range...or camping. packs, pouches and other such items are always a plus.

I'm sure I'll be editing this post later as I remember items on my "get while in the states" list. Anyway, and info on where I could find products like this would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

All the places I know are 60 to 100 miles north of Atlanta so guess thats no help. There should be plenty of good shops around the outskirts of Atlanta. Remember that if you do drive a little ways out of a major city the prices seem to get a little better. Your packs and pouches will be at Blade.

All the places I know are 60 to 100 miles north of Atlanta so guess thats no help. There should be plenty of good shops around the outskirts of Atlanta. Remember that if you do drive a little ways out of a major city the prices seem to get a little better. Your packs and pouches will be at Blade.

Damn, will if you have any ideas, for example specific stores would be great even if it is a few miles of travel. I arrive on thrusday mid day so I do have some time. I will keep the out skirts in mind for better pricing. I'm glad i wont have to go for for the packs and pouches!

thanks for the info!

Most of these items should be good to go at the border crossing, however, expect that the custom officials will freak out. The cavity search will follow;).

The grenade launcher MiGHT get you in a weeeeeee bit of trouble:highly_amused::highly_amused:....... I'm thinking several years with someone called Bubba as a room mate and lover....

....either way, I expect that you'll be singing "oooh Canada!" In a Michael Jackson like, high pitch voice :D

Last edited:
I am definitely expecting to have to answer questions. But everything on my list is legal to own in canada. Even the m203. they just arent enthusiastic about letting them into the country. The other stuff they really cant say much about either, well they can, but again they are all still legal to own.

Way to go bro!!! Good to see some canucks goin to blade.

And as for customs...... ummmm yea....... you should see the 3rd degree you get for bringing one sword or some sais across.... pffffftt

I've had Sig parts and swords shipped in ..... No problems. You've got to be careful which gun parts that you need. Swords are just big knives, most knives are legal to own. The amount of hassle you'll get depends on the individual's mindset.....

....and, yeah, way to go!.... Be nice to our American cousins... Remember, you represent us..... So..... Don't you be the first to up chuck when you are out drinkin' with the Busse crowd;)..... I'm hoping to assist you next year, hopefully.

I wish canada held something as cool as blade

I hear you Bro..... I would find a way to get there.... Look what I found:

http://canadianknifemakersguild.com/show-info/

There are some U.S. Knife makers listed at the Canadian knife maker show.... Busse isn't there..... Probably because this show isn't big enough. Toronto isn't all that far away from them, though. Perhaps they could sent a few people and knives to the 2015 show? Might be worth their while...

Last edited:
When you say Rainier charging handle are you talking about the Raptor? If so take a look at the BCM ambi, I've handled the Raptor a couple times and never had the issue, but a lot of people say it pinches the sh!% out of your thumb because the back is exposed, the BCM is solid in the back.

Are you flying or driving?

If it's okay with some online retailers, you can always purchase parts with your card, but have them shipped to your hotel. If they'll take international cards that is

And don't feel bad about your government, we can't get M203s either. Just flare launchers

If it's okay with some online retailers, you can always purchase parts with your card, but have them shipped to your hotel. If they'll take international cards that is

M67 has a good idea here.... A lot of US merchants won't ship outside the US ( verrrry sad). So take advantage to have stuff shipped to your hotel.....

Last edited:
When you say Rainier charging handle are you talking about the Raptor? If so take a look at the BCM ambi, I've handled the Raptor a couple times and never had the issue, but a lot of people say it pinches the sh!% out of your thumb because the back is exposed, the BCM is solid in the back.

Are you flying or driving?

And don't feel bad about your government, we can't get M203s either. Just flare launchers

Yup, I am talking the raptor. i have the BCM charging handle but it doesn't quite feel right. I never put my thumb on the back of the charging handle, thats asking for trouble...with a raptor.

Flying in, its 4000Km or roughly 2500 miles in the short amount of time i have off.

i never thought about having parts shipped to my hotel. how long would it take to ship across the country? Do hotels accept packages? Not sure on the logistics of it...

As for taking it easy on the Americans, I won't be (never do) drinking so there's only one way ill offend...by swinging infi the wrong way. So, i have been practicing cutting air for a month.

Anyway, let me know how that would work or any other ideas would be great. Thanks all!!

I'd call AXTS direct (503-893-2987) and ask if they'd ship to your hotel. Just say you'll be in the country for a few days on vacation and getting their product into Canada is a PITA. You could get your charging handles and safety selectors direct from them and just ask them to ship it priority mail. Call your hotel and ask if it's okay for a package to be delivered to you. If they ship it priority on Tuesday it should be waiting for you by Thursday or Friday.

If AXTS won't do it, then I'd call Rainier and ask. I talked to them before and they were always nice guys.

Can't help you on the 300 Blackout brass, I didn't go to the 1500 and we hardly ever have any at my store. I think we have brand new Hornady brass but it's like buying a shot in the nuts that way, I'll have to check tomorrow.

Depending on which Geissele trigger you want, seems like a decent amount of places have them in stock, if so, I'd see about having them ship it to the hotel.

CZ parts, I have a CZ gunsmith but I'm not sure which parts he may have.

If you would have posted this thread about a week ago I probably could have helped, but we're fighting time now

As for not offending anyone, I'll take first swing :)

[video=youtube;SVPDL89FQ1M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVPDL89FQ1M[/video]

There is a guy on the 300 Blackout forum that will sell you 300 blackout brass that was formed from 5.56 or .223. It is supposed to be great. I don't think we have time now though. Brass is hard to come by here where I am but I'm not sure about Atlanta. I will be at Blade maybe I could help get some shipped to you.

Not sure on the 300 blackout but most centerfire ammo around here is coming back in fair amounts. .22 is still very hard to find.

There is a guy on the 300 Blackout forum that will sell you 300 blackout brass that was formed from 5.56 or .223. It is supposed to be great. I don't think we have time now though. Brass is hard to come by here where I am but I'm not sure about Atlanta. I will be at Blade maybe I could help get some shipped to you.

The desecration of good 5.56 brass.....the humanity

I'd call AXTS direct (503-893-2987) and ask if they'd ship to your hotel. Just say you'll be in the country for a few days on vacation and getting their product into Canada is a PITA. You could get your charging handles and safety selectors direct from them and just ask them to ship it priority mail. Call your hotel and ask if it's okay for a package to be delivered to you. If they ship it priority on Tuesday it should be waiting for you by Thursday or Friday.

If AXTS won't do it, then I'd call Rainier and ask. I talked to them before and they were always nice guys.

Can't help you on the 300 Blackout brass, I didn't go to the 1500 and we hardly ever have any at my store. I think we have brand new Hornady brass but it's like buying a shot in the nuts that way, I'll have to check tomorrow.

Depending on which Geissele trigger you want, seems like a decent amount of places have them in stock, if so, I'd see about having them ship it to the hotel.

CZ parts, I have a CZ gunsmith but I'm not sure which parts he may have.

If you would have posted this thread about a week ago I probably could have helped, but we're fighting time now

As for not offending anyone, I'll take first swing :)

[video=youtube;SVPDL89FQ1M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVPDL89FQ1M[/video]

Ha, you can do better than that... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-glHAzXi_M

I will call AXTS tomorrow and see what I can make happen.

I was on Geissele's website and it seems the triggers that i would be interested in are out of stock. i will also call them to see what they can do.

Anything that can be done about the CZ parts and the brass would be incredibly awesome and greatly appreciated.

Anyway, enjoy the vid and thanks again!

Back