Prepper Two

Hi! Don’t own one, but had the possibility to handle one not so long ago at my reference brick & mortar store.

I have been very close to buy the Prepper One, still in love with its design, materials, fit and finish and overall package. Slept on this a couple of days and acknowledged that I didn’t need another fixed blade :D, my A2 sits since years packed in a box in the garage, my F1 is used few times per year and the EKA Nordic 12 is now in the box of the gardening tools as a gardening beater :p.

My impressions about the Prepper Two are just as good as for its smaller brother. It’s a good, solid knife, well built using good materials, excellent manufacturing and very good fit and finish (I think Lionsteel is producing these :thumbsup:), care for the details and an overall very useful design. It’s too big for my outdoor uses and, as the Prepper One, in my own personal opinion, it’s too expensive (considering what you get and the competitors in this segment). But it’s a great knife, very comfortable grip and great in the look department :):cool::thumbsup:. Almost too nice to use :D! If you like this and don’t mind the cost, I’d say go for it :thumbsup:!!! I’d be pleased to read about your impressions, there’s not very much in terms of reviews around the Preppers. Good luck! :)

Thank you for the reply! You are right, there doesn't seem to be much on the net about them. Can I ask, how pointy is the blade? From some angles it looks quite un pointy.

Hi! Didn’t have the impression of a particularly blunt tip but don’t expect the tip of a let’s say Spyderco PM2 :)! I think the Prepper 2 tip is suitable for a camp knife, pointy enough but sturdy. It gave me the impression it won’t snap during use but these things become clear only by using the tool :). If I have to compare it to a folder, it looks to me the tip design/geometry somehow resemble the one of the ZT 0909. Ciao!

Back