Prepping for Blade

Can't wait for Blade this year. I will be making a bee line for your booth. The Yuma is the only knife I think I have ever wanted two of. I'm not even sure what I would do with the second one. My dad is most likely going to pick one up as well. Starting to get pretty big in the knife world. Congrats!

T-shirts look good as well.

Thanks Tanker. It will be good to see you again. I'm hoping to have a minimum of 10 Yumas. I'm shootin for 20, but don't know if I can crank that many out on top of what I already have sold.

So its about 7:00 am right now and I'm setting in my Jeep in my works parking lot drinking coffee. The good thing is I'm not going in today. I waiting on Jeff (Diesel D) and I'm gonna abduct him and we are going to skip work and work in my shop today. Think I can get a lot done. Will update later.

So its about 7:00 am right now and I'm setting in my Jeep in my works parking lot drinking coffee. The good thing is I'm not going in today. I waiting on Jeff (Diesel D) and I'm gonna abduct him and we are going to skip work and work in my shop today. Think I can get a lot done. Will update later.

Put that time to good use Todd! I suspect there'll be plenty of demand for your products at Blade.

Well as I very much suspected, it wasn't very hard to talk Diesel D into not going into work today, id like to say I took him against his will, but the fact is he's a bigger boy than me and he'd probably tie me in a knot if I pissed him off.:D anyway, got a fair amount done today, DD cut out 3 M-18s, I put 5 hornets together as well as two very labor intensive fancy bolstered Yuma ll's. Got another 10 Yumas profiled, stamped, drilled and started grinding only to find out that I'm out of the right grinding belts. Don't know how I overlooked that detail, but I try to order some more tomarrow or Friday. We breaked for lunch and I treated DD to the towns best breaded tenderloin, (least I could do for him sacrificing a days pay for me.) Wifey is home now and time for supper so I will close up shop, eat, shower, then handstitch sheaths tonight while I watch T.V. until time to hit the sack.........thanks for the help DD! And Murph, for his weekend help. Really appreciate it guys.

First off, you're welcome. Glad to help. As you know, I'd rather stab myself in the eye than go into that miserable place, so helping you turn out knives for a day was an easy choice. Now..pics!
The M-18 in it's natural state. This is enough for 8. (and it took me 5 hours to cut out 3..on the ole' band saw)
8554787833_038daf03a7.jpg

random workbench shot
8555900128_2d9cba9ba9.jpg

In process
8555012635_8e029ae3bc.jpg

Stacks O' blanks
8556124364_8d4ac071cf.jpg

Yumas and 9s and Mohawks, oh my. Blade Show in 80 days. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
What? No picture of the tenderloin?
Funny you mention that. As soon as I got out of your Jeep, a danged old crow swooped down and deleted that tenderloin picture off my phone! Why would a crow do that Todd? Why?

I thought maybe he inhaled the tenderloin so fast his phone didn't capture it.

No. Ours was cooked Doc! ;) and we wouldnt foul our tounges with salad! That sh!t will kill ya!:D

Well like I've previously stated, I've found that working by a detailed schedule dosnt work for me. I've totally thrown it out and just going out to the shop and doing what I can do. This weekend was pretty prosperous I think. EVERYthing that I have heat threated is together and fitted to a sheath. Not totally finished but to a point to where its not a worry. Got almost everything else cut drilled stamped and profiled. Waiting on a new batch of belts so I can grind and heat threat. Murph was by today to help. My Dad hooked me up with some great linen micarta for handle material. On top of all of that. I completed my knifemakers challenge knife for Ethan Beckers spring gathering and another one with different handle material that is already sold. Been wanting to get those two out of the way for a while. More on those later. Still chuggin along.

On another side of the coin, I have a cousin that lives in Atlanta only about 3 miles from where Blade is going on. He has been so gracious to take me and my crew in free of charge for the weekend. How cool is that. I spoke to him breifly the other day to confirm. Warned him to have a stocked beer fridge and a plunger on hand. Haha. He's a great guy and looking forward to the trip. Still a lot of work to do. But, starting to look forward to it a little oppossed to stressin about it. Gonna be fun..........I think.

Good to see things coming together. If you need a fall back, I live about 35 minutes south of Blade show (Newnan) and have room for you if you need it. Just let me know. (free of charge of course)

Good to see things coming together. If you need a fall back, I live about 35 minutes south of Blade show (Newnan) and have room for you if you need it. Just let me know. (free of charge of course)

That's really cool of you to offer tanker. Beyond cool really! I grew up with my cousin and we've always been close even though we've often lived several states apart. So its gonna be awesome to catch up with him. The only way I see it falling through is if something major bad happened. (Knock on wood) but I will keep it in mind. Thanks brother!

hmmm.
I've got family in Marietta, Macon, and Gray.
I may have to give you a holler if I ever make it out that way to see them again.

Back