Kydex Press foam thickness

Being stuck at home with Covid restrictions I decided to fool around with making a kydex press etc. Ordered a 12x24 sheet of foam from knifekits, it'a 1/2" thick. Is a single layer of this enough or should I increase the thickness with some leftover 1/4" sleeping pad material to give me 3/4" on each side? I've also seen comments about a light coat of Pam on the foam contact surface to prevent sticking. Necessary?

I'm starting out with Boltron and it seems the consensus is a toaster oven set to around 300/
is the way to go. I've got a IR temp scanner from inspections so I can get an accurate reading. I found a pair of 12"x12" exercise machine footplates at the dump and cut and ground off the original mounting brackets. A pair of spare 4" ball bearing door hinges will get welded to the plates after I get some opinions on the correct foam thickness. Let me know what you folks think about the foam thickness, I'm still waiting to get a toaster oven traded for something I'm getting rid of (a NIB garden tractor plow) so it's a work in progress.

Back