Price check

What would you say is an appropriate sell price? HDFK new unused with antique micarta and an extra sheath.

20190515_201652~2.jpg

^ my honest opinion and I do not mean to offend you: the picture looks like cr*p!

In that photo, your antique edge-cut micarta scales look like the buffed natural micarta because I have never seen them that light the way they look in the photo. With the HDFK pattern having been put to pasture, the antique handles are the most in demand with the collector and the occasional user types but they will pay more only for the handles which look and feel like antique edge-cut micarta. Personally, I would like to the streaks in those handle scales!

All things being equal after I have given you hard time, I would say $550 max (if the knife was absolutely LNIB and all T&A!) for what you are showing there if you manage to present it much much better!

P.S. I'm not a buyer but have sold on a few to know a thing or two!

Here, I found a photo of handle scales on one of my HDFKs with the same material, albeit much darker than what you've got. Peep tend to like to see this:

kgGfnxP.jpg

Those fasteners look pretty bad, so maybe you should lower the price to what it would cost if purchased in a sale from Nathan..............

Those fasteners look pretty bad, so maybe you should lower the price to what it would cost if purchased in a sale from Nathan..............
How do they look bad?

What price would that be?

^ my honest opinion and I do not mean to offend you: the picture looks like cr*p!

In that photo, your antique edge-cut micarta scales look like the buffed natural micarta because I have never seen them that light the way they look in the photo. With the HDFK pattern having been put to pasture, the antique handles are the most in demand with the collector and the occasional user types but they will pay more only for the handles which look and feel like antique edge-cut micarta. Personally, I would like to the streaks in those handle scales!

All things being equal after I have given you hard time, I would say $550 max (if the knife was absolutely LNIB and all T&A!) for what you are showing there if you manage to present it much much better!

P.S. I'm not a buyer but have sold on a few to know a thing or two!
Thanks!

How do they look bad?

What price would that be?

Even with the poor quality imaging, it's obvious the fasteners have wear, anyone can see that. As to price, I think I explained that very well - Nathan's sale pricing, which would be homework I'm not willing to do for you. Those most recent images you've posted do certainly help, though.

Even with the poor quality imaging, it's obvious the fasteners have wear, anyone can see that. As to price, I think I explained that very well - Nathan's sale pricing, which would be homework I'm not willing to do for you.
You're a ton of help thank you.

Much much better :thumbsup:

New set of photos in focus, slightly better price with possibly OBRO should being you a quicker sale.
But what is reasonable price?

Im basint it like this. Tell me im off prices

Exchange new unused HDFK 450
-25 normal scales
+150 antique scales
+60 extra sheath

= 635

Separate that second sheath, or both (nice sheaths btw but) they’ll both sell better. Some people don’t want 2 of the same kind of sheath. You’re forcing them into 2 sheaths, when they maybe only want the knife. Jmo

Back