• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Price Drop! — Hinderer XM18 3.5in, No Choil Wharncliffe, Gen 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenjaminRush

Gold Member
Hi all,

Please be 21 to purchase and know your local knife laws. I reserve the right to sell to whomever I choose, but generally I deal with the member posting the first "I'll take it" here followed by a PM. Price includes PP G&S fees and shipping (US only please).

No trades please, trying to recoup some funds. Please read the description, as I have tried to describe this piece fully.

I also have a PMP Revenge up for grabs here!

Hinderer XM 18 3.5" Gen 6 No-Choil Wharncliffe: This is a great XM that I'm sad to part with, but it's the next one on the chopping block as I thin my collection. This one has been carried some and used a little to break down a couple of boxes. It has also been modified by BJ Hill of Hilltop Knives and Gear (work can be seen on YouTube).

Summary of modifications:
-Lightning-strike anodization of lock-side scale
-Purple anodized liner
-Sharpened/polished edge
-Heat-anodized hardware and clip
-Subtle re-profile of flipper tab for better ergonomics in hand and when flipping (see photo vs unmodified XM flipper tab)

M390 steel, as I believe all the DLT-exclusive no-choil Hinderer's are. Flips great, solid lockup and centering. The subtle flipper tab mod makes this so much more comfortable in hand and in use. The knife originally came with a jade G10 scale that I have swapped to a black one. I think this looks a lot better, in my opinion. I'll include the jade G10 scale too in case you prefer that or want to do any dyeing of that scale. Comes with box/tactical peanuts/etc.

Just a couple of "issues" that in no way affect the functioning of the knife, but are worth mentioning:
-The shoulder of the sharpened edge does show a bit of the scratch pattern from the more coarse stones used to sharpen this guy. This could be easily fixed at the next sharpening.
-On the lock side of the blade, there's a rather prominent swirl in the stonewash. I am the original owner of this and can confirm that this is how the knife arrived to me. Again, purely aesthetic, but worth mentioning.
-There is a little detent lash, as I've experienced to varying degrees on the other Hinderer's I've owned.
-The lightning-strike ano requires a little extra polish to make it pop, so the lock-side scale is a little more slick than how it arrives from the factory. The ergos and jimping make this not a concern in use (at least for me).

Asking sold! for knife + extra G10 scale.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back