• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Withdrawn - Modded Manix 2 back lock

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I modified this Manix 2 back lock to have a more neutral handle, and a straight spine. I also reground it to a very slicey .35 mm behind the edge. The Manix 2 back lock is notorious for having a "non-flicky" action, but not after I am done with it!

If you like the look of the Para 3, and would like to have it in a nice strong back lock with s30V at a lower price than the S30V and S35VN Para 3's, then you'll love this one. I also gave it a very subtle "David Boye dent", to prevent the blade from having play when held tightly. Note that a very tight hammer grip will still introduce some play, but all other grips (for me) did not. It's the drawback to be expected for a flicky action on a back lock. The lock is still safe and secure, and this will make a fine user for someone.

I also added some grip tape to the pocket clip. It can be removed or retained at your discretion. Includes box and papers.

Asking Withdrawn

Thanks for looking!

IMG_6042.JPG

IMG_6043.JPG

IMG_6044.JPG

IMG_6045.JPG

IMG_6046.JPG

Last edited:

Last edited:
Withdrawn

Last edited:
Back