Princess Mononoke: Real Ashitaka's Sword

there once was a child named stowe
who gave us a great tuesday night show
he bleated with zeal about his expertise in steel
but he turned out to be a big ho, ho ho.....merry xmas everyone!

abovelol.gif

Hmmmm...I called Stowe Industries in Middletown, DE....as a metal company, I thought that was a dead ringer.

Feed me something I can work with!

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

There's the NC one, that's associated with NASCAR, and not the same guy. There's a "Mike Stowe", who makes E-bikes and has a few YT vids, and likely is who this kid is hoping will be confused with himself when he attempts to peddle his ebikes. He has one YT vid himself, it's the one that specifically mentions 18650 batteries. In that you don't see the bike actually run, but it has the same "selfie" as his FB profile and the name "Bad Machine" (probably true, it's bad, as in non-functional, or non-existent). I also noticed his English got "weird" when he gets worked up, reminded me a lot of a "woman" I strung along for a year on FB who finally admitted she was a Nigerian 419 scammer, and male, and called me a Fat American BlankBlank (use your imagination). The scammers are getting creative these days, nobody buys the ol Nigerian millionaire prince thing anymore.
[video=youtube;m5QfXd0bxGo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5QfXd0bxGo[/video]

well well, lol. Goofy lists his hometown.. "Acworth Georgia.." :D

I could see that being a take on it, though to be fair the pic you posted is a cosplay prop of an animated movie sword and looks cheap and cheesy.

But I dig the idea of the short, broad-bladed, ring-pommeled sword with a kiriha zukuri tip on it for unknown reasons. And the plain, square sheath and shoulder sling. Guess it strikes me as a weapon/tool and that appeals to me. More of what some guy out in the bush would carry as opposed to a samurai. Chop some bamboo, make some fuzz sticks, use the tip as a skew chisel. Not sure how the balance would feel in the hand of what I'm envisioning. Some day I'll give it a crack.

I had interest in making one of these many years ago, the pics I took of the tv were still online.
One showing the ring detail.
http://www.angelfire.com/pro2/somestuff/ashitakas_sword/

Last edited:
PIC00569.JPG

http://www.angelfire.com/pro2/somestuff/ashitakas_sword/thumbnails/600x450/PIC00569.JPG

Yuck

Weird it posted fine for me but it's gone now.
And yes, it was long enough ago that angelfire was a thing.

wow people like this exist figureing he came on here for some advice and then chooses to act like a 5 year old when people suggest something differntly aka a time period sword .
metallurgy has come leaps and bounds since then we all know that .but docking on other peoples advice when your the one asking .and dont really matter you get all mats from japan unless you want to build a time period sword,bedcause you cant stamp made in japan on it even if you want to (unless you live in japan)(for the purpose of selling)

Welcome darkhawk9!

The original post has been edited by our mods so you can't see his true intentions.

He did not care at all about anyone else's opinion nor advice, no matter how sound. He came here with a "go fund me" link or what not trying to get other people to pony up money for materials so he can try and make a sword.

I'd imagine that true makers know what they know, know what they don't and appreciate input from those who have walked that road before. This clown was all talk.

Last edited:
well, that was a surprisingly satisfying thread. Kind of like popping a zit.

Back