Pro Series

Yes I do like them and I’m thinking about maybe getting a 105. I’m not to excited about the green color, I’d rather have a natural or tan/brown color but it’s not a deal breaker. If they had a 117 I’d be all over it. I have the brass and cocobolo, 420hc version in the 117,119 and 120 and they work just fine so I probably won’t get any in those models. I know I am thinking in a practical manner but that’s just the way I am.

Practical. I have three complete sets with different handles, so it’s not practical for me to but the pro versions either.

It doesn’t mean I won’t buy them either.

I like the green handles. It’s an earthy color with out being brown or tan.

To be truthful, I’m having trouble justifying the price right now. Time will tell.

I like the idea of them.
s35v is a great blade steel. And micarta is probably my favorite handle material for knives I use.

Wood handles are still the prettiest.

I like it when things evolve.... usually it's for the better. Embracing change is usually the challenge. Especially as you get older. (not me, age is a state of mind........ as I sit here in the chair "looking" outside).

Tho with the new, the old goes away.
The brass and wood knives, Open Series hunting knives....
......Is it obsessive to think you need them all? Yes.
I'd like to think I'm a pretty smart guy.

Why can't I overcome that thought?

To compete with other brands and whats popular, micarta and s35vn is a good bet. I kinda wonder why it took so long to introduce micarta on the 100 series. Its the standard handle material with just about any brand. I would of liked to see the 124 come with micarta color choices and steel. There was a short run of 5160 then disappeared.
All the colors seem to be almost the same unless the 2021 choices are more vibrant.

I am excited. modern steel that has everything. good toughness, good corrosion resistance and good edge holding. gonna fly past a lot of the other steels used in the past. plus the micarta is icing on the cake.

I already got a 120 coming through Larrys buying program. plan on adding a 119 at some point and maybe a 105...we'll see. and yep pricing is hefty compared to standard models.....

I really like the looks of them.

I would love a couple, but I really don't use fixed blades.

At that price point I’m going to hold off. Unless I find out they have silver soldered guards. Maybe I’m asking too much. But that’s what it would take to push me into justifying the price.

At that price point I’m going to hold off. Unless I find out they have silver soldered guards. Maybe I’m asking too much. But that’s what it would take to push me into justifying the price.
they're not gonna be. be great if they were, but I just know that isn't going to happen, Sir.

Agreed. That would be pretty cool.

Lol. I don’t think aluminum can even be soldered. It’s just an excuse not to but them at this time.

I’m looking forward to hearing about how great they are in person. Knowing my addiction I’ll probably end up with them eventually.

Lol. I don’t think aluminum can even be soldered. It’s just an excuse not to but them at this time.

I’m looking forward to hearing about how great they are in person. Knowing my addiction I’ll probably end up with them eventually.
Yep it can but not in my skill set.

They don't appeal to me at all,not a fan of the handle color.I have all of these knives in 420 steel so no need to buy those as users.

I'll definitely be grabbing the 102 as soon as they are released, but I was really, really hoping that Buck would release it in ebony this year. They're releasing the 124 in ebony this year, so maybe there is a chance for the 102 in the future. It seems like Buck has been hesitant to use the Crelicam Ebony on hidden tang knives. I wonder if that's because of the size of wood they have on hand, difficulty of working with the wood, or if they have some other reason.

I'll definitely be grabbing the 102 as soon as they are released, but I was really, really hoping that Buck would release it in ebony this year. They're releasing the 124 in ebony this year, so maybe there is a chance for the 102 in the future. It seems like Buck has been hesitant to use the Crelicam Ebony on hidden tang knives. I wonder if that's because of the size of wood they have on hand, difficulty of working with the wood, or if they have some other reason.
Probably not enough large enough. Working with Taylor guitars, possibly scrap sizes which work perfectly with 110 and 112 scales.

Back