Problem with "Conversation" Mailbox Message Count

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpyderPhreak

Rocketman for hire
Platinum Member
Weird. This evening I logged in, and went to send a message, and it said I was over my mailbox limit. Strange, last time I looked I was still about 15 messages away from being full, but tonight it said I was 14 message over and couldn't send a new message.

The more bizarre thing is I actually checked the number of messages, and I was more than a dozen messages under the limit. Upon deleting the first message, the count then went down by 9. After that, it was one for one, and I had to delete 5 more before I could send a new message.

Anyway, no idea what's going on here, but thought I'd let you know Spark Spark .

I believe that messages left over from the old system count as individual conversations; while a conversation under the current system can contain multiple messages... which can really mess with one's perception of numbers. (As an example, if you had a 30 message exchange saved from the old platform, would count as 30 conversations... but that same exchange, started since the changeover, would count as one conversation)

There's two different limits - messages and conversations. If you fill up one or the other, your ability to do either is stopped

I understand all of that. But why would my mailbox all of the sudden jump from more than a dozen available spaces to 14 over the limit? Especially when I had no new messages when it happened. I currently count that I should have 16 available spaces, yet I only have one.

I believe that messages left over from the old system count as individual conversations; while a conversation under the current system can contain multiple messages... which can really mess with one's perception of numbers. (As an example, if you had a 30 message exchange saved from the old platform, would count as 30 conversations... but that same exchange, started since the changeover, would count as one conversation)

OK, I think I see what's happening. I thought a conversation only counted against you as a single message. Doesn't appear to be the case. Still not sure how I was suddenly so far over when I didn't have any new messages, but doing the math, it adds up properly now.

Let's just say that a conversation with ~10 people and over 100 messages tends to fill up one's inbox a bit... o_O

Going to lock this down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back