Problem with Native lock

Jeff O

Basic Member
I have one of the older GIN-1 Natives and it's one of my favorite knives. However, I noticed that when you apply a bit of force to cut something, the lock-bar slips as if I was releasing the lock. If I hang on to the handle (being careful not to touch the lock-bat at all) and pull on the blade, the lock will disengage.

Is this normal? Could it be because the spring is not strong enough? Or because its been open and closed a bazillion times?

Heck, maybe buying a new one in 440V will fix the problem.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Buck Collectors Club Member #1058

Well, I couldn't reproduce the problem with either of my Natives, but then they're both 440V/G-10 variants (one blue BF and one shell inlaid). You may be right about your proposed solution...
smile.gif

--Bob Q

Jeff O, check and see if the way your gripping it, the release is inadvertently being pushed in. RKBA!

Thanks Alan, I too thought that might be the case at one point. Unfortunately it's not. I tried pulling on the blade with my thumb on one side of the handle and two fingers mostly hanging on to the pocket clip on the other side. I was not touching the lock bar at all. The result is the same… the lock-bar slipped!
frown.gif

Now that I know that they are not all like that, it's time to order one in 440V!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Buck Collectors Club Member #1058

Back