Recommendation? Problems with locktite

Bought direct from knifecenter. It had this play and some lockstick on the original scales after adjusting.

Good.
You should send it for warranty service, then.
My 2 cents.

Mine is pretty much free falling even when the pivot is tighten to the end, presumably because of the bushing construction.
There is no need to adjust.
Also, the remaining red Loctite keeps the screw tight.
I did apply Sharpie for lock stick.

Aramis CF
Try putting it back to stock and see if it resolves the issue. It's also possible something is not seated correctly. If persists send in for warranty. Aramis make excellent scales but it's possible something is off by the smallest amount.

Normally if you have issues to begin with you should send back for a replacement from the vendor before opening up your knives or modifying them.

The only issues in unmodified original g10 form was slight lockstick and a little blade play. These we're things I thought a little adjustments could easily take care of. I planned to address when I did the scale swap. Lockstick I found is mitigated via stop pin screws and so far I just can't get pivot screws to loctite properly. I can adjust the knife tensions perfectly with no blade play and free dropping blade. Just can't keep it that way.

Sounds like you have a bad batch of Lok Tite. Permetex is good stuff and I have used it manufacturing processes as well. Just remember, with the thread locker, remember to shake it up, and a little bit goes a long way.

Loctite is a brand/company name,, they originated the product and continue to be market leader.

Many other companies make thread locker CA type liquids.
Loctite owned Permatex from the early 1970's until it went on its own in 2001.
Permatex has a good reputation and the color codes are identical to Loctite however, other brand X imports are suspect.

Regards,
FK

Ok let's call it threadlocker. I have 2 kinds(permatex and vibratite gel). Both are in pump type dispensers where if I shake it perhaps the liquid in the pump tubes remains unaffected by agitating. I'll shake and pump out what's in tubes next time.

My next step is to try an accelerator/primer. Anybody have experience with these?

Just to reiterate. The action on the knife is perfect. Lockdown both screws and a very slight backout of each and it retains smooth action and zero blade play. The screws just backout. I marked with a dot and see them rotate loose.

Any experience with these appreciated.

Loctite 7088 primer stick
And
Loctute 19269 primer and activator

CBhtRbJ.png

Ok. 4th times a charm. Finally! Screws stuck and don't back out.

Switched to regular runny loctite brand (blue)
Washing in acetone and loctite primer n activator
Used a glass container to soak and didn't use any cotton swabs.

Perhaps the plastic or cotton swabs together with acetone were leaving some residue. Not sure but finally worked. Only knife loctite never worked the first time. I must of kept contaminating the surface with cotton swabs or plastic ringing container.

Acetone does dissolve many common plastic materials.
That is probably one reason why.
Glad it worked.

Took the sucker camping. Love it. Smooth drop shut and no blade play. Living with the slight lockstick. Just happy the rest of knife is perfect now.
c9WJjFC.jpg

6e4nyxH.jpg

Back