Production folders..... show them off! Midtechs, Reate, Liong Mah, RHK, CRK, Spyderco, Etc.....

Nice Friday afternoon...

SOomZdxh.jpg

Two keens, an Ewc and an EZC? Of those which is your favorite?

I'm leaning towards a keen but the
Ewc looks really nice except for the double detent lock which I'm afraid I lose a finger if I used it for anything more than opening letters or boxes.

Those Shiros looks really nice too.

Last edited:
Two keens, an Ewc and an EZC? Of those which is your favorite?

I'm leaning towards a keen but the
Ewc looks really nice except for the double detent lock which I'm afraid I lose a finger if I used it for anything more than opening letters or boxes.

Those Shiros looks really nice too.

And I thought I was done a few months ago. Really.

Of the lot, the Shiro HatiOn Lite is the most useful in a work setting for me. That primarily means butchering tasks, but it's also a good multi-purpose paring knife.

In the pocket the EWC is the one I'm most likely to grab. I've partially closed it a few times while applying torque by twisting the blade deep in something, but not past the detent. Still, for that reason, it's not a hard use knife but it is handy and very, very pretty. I'd love to see a linerlock version of it.

We use the Keens for dinner duty most nights. In general they are superb cutters though I never carry one. The vaunted EZC is everything it promises to be but I'd rather have a custom version from Ray. IMHO Kizer didn't quite match the precision of the Keen by WE. The F3 is the best hard use folder I have but I'm conflicted because at the size I almost always grab a fixed blade.

I'm looking to add a Cheburkov Small Strizh. I found that I'm partial to linerlocks and carbon fiber, so that works. I never looked twice at a CRK before but now I'm jonesing for a CF Insingo. Mostly though I'm interested in 80mm to 90mm FFG drop points and spear points.

Last edited:
And I thought I was done a few months ago. Really.

Of the lot, the Shiro HatiOn Lite is the most useful in a work setting for me. That primarily means butchering tasks, but it's also a good multi-purpose paring knife.

In the pocket the EWC is the one I'm most likely to grab. I've partially closed it a few times while applying torque by twisting the blade deep in something, but not past the detent. Still, for that reason, it's not a hard use knife but it is handy and very, very pretty. I'd love to see a linerlock version of it.

We use the Keens for dinner duty most nights. In general they are superb cutters though I never carry one. The vaunted EZC is everything it promises to be but I'd rather have a custom version from Ray. IMHO Kizer didn't quite match the precision of the Keen by WE. The F3 is the best hard use folder I have but I'm conflicted because at the size I almost always grab a fixed blade.

I'm looking to add a Cheburkov Small Strizh. I found that I'm partial to linerlocks and carbon fiber, so that works. I never looked twice at a CRK before but now I'm jonesing for a CF Insingo. Mostly though I'm interested in 80mm to 90mm FFG drop points and spear points.

thanks all good info, I think I'll pick up a keen for fun then a Laconico Javelin custom next.

didn't the BladeHQ Linerlock CF Gemini just come out? sounds like it's right up your alley

I think of these two as a pair--both Bears, of course, and frame locks with similar, though not identical milling, both with single stand-off, open back construction and single-slab lanyard holes.

On the other hand, the UL is the NeOn base model without backspacer and an S30V blade, while the F95R is a bit rare for its vintage, upgraded with a 3.5 mm Vanax 37 blade. Still, they get along nicely, living together in this two-sided leather slip-case.

5B9WQmG.jpg

WdCXiZG.jpg

Back