Production M390 - Expectation vs Reality?

With what little I know I'd hedge a guess that the post above and his disconnect are directly related. Hobby research is fine in off hours until you stir up a hornet's nest and have to walk away to keep your job.

Again, this is speculation but we probably shouldn't poke this bear. For Kurt's sake.
On the other hand calling out knife manufacturers for sub par heat treated blades affects their livelihoods as well including those whom they employ.

Last edited:
Please don't look at collector knives post at face value. He wasn't there and is making the story to look bad with the little info he has. He wasn't there and is making things skewed.

He is a shady individual from the start of this whole thing with posts that were running wild with inconsistencies to make things up.

He did post some things that are valid and twisted them.

He is a shady individual from the start of this whole thing with posts that were running wild with inconsistencies to make things up.

So... How's that any different from you trying to tell everyone Spyderco runs their M390 at 58 HRC when the M390 Delica first dropped?

I just noticed Mo2's instagram doesn't work is Mo2 this mysterious Kurt and that's why he is trying to discredit Mike who I have never seen act shady or be accused of such before now.

So... How's that any different from you trying to tell everyone Spyderco runs their M390 at 58 HRC when the M390 Delica first dropped?
Omg not this bs again. I said 58 as in most of the hrc on the chart were in that range. And most of the performance testing was showing results close to if not lower than s30v. The point of the matter was the performance and you keep going on about the hrc. which I already corrected it in that thread and you keep going after that point which is not the point. The point is m390 is consistently performing low in multiple cut tests by multiple people.

I just noticed Mo2's instagram doesn't work is Mo2 this mysterious Kurt and that's why he is trying to discredit Mike who I have never seen act shady or be accused of such before now.
You honestly think he was there? Look at that post and tell me he knows exactly what's going on and didn't skew anything. I'd like to reference his original post when this first surfaced showing alot of skewed information.

Sorry I was joking about those being the same two people seems I didn't include the emojis or whatever I had intended to.

He doesn't indicate that he was there but it doesn't read like he is twisting anything and as someone who was impacted by this an expectation of some level of admission that there is mistakes and inconstancy in results is reasonable. There are several post at this point I would be happy to view earlier remarks by him as I don't recall them but would appreciate help finding them.

Yeah but it's a valid question isn't it?

Undoubtedly but you tend to not get many volunteers when you eat your volunteers. I feel this goes back to "let's get more data" which includes the back story on the tester, equipment, and methods.

On the other hand calling out knife manufacturers for sub par heat treated blades affects their livelihoods as well including those whom they employ.

Also agree completely. Ethical reporting in other fields generally have manufacturer notification 90 days ahead of public release to allow them adequate time to confirm, fix, mitigate, and/or challenge results.

Sorry I was joking about those being the same two people seems I didn't include the emojis or whatever I had intended to.

He doesn't indicate that he was there but it doesn't read like he is twisting anything and as someone who was impacted by this an expectation of some level of admission that there is mistakes and inconstancy in results is reasonable. There are several post at this point I would be happy to view earlier remarks by him as I don't recall them but would appreciate help finding them.

This is one of them where he accuses him of doing the test on the edge bevel. I couldn't find the other. Of course the comments all gone on the original deleted posts.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Byte1YPnvaN/?igshid=juv1qrqoiqv

And the two knives that did record low and performance cut testing was low... Are just two knives. Not the whole batch. And that's what the testers were trying to verify. Most likely Ltk kindof went off when he shouldn't have before they verified again, which they did and concluded what Banter said in an above post.

Last edited:
My experience with a CK/Lionsteel Shuffler ist that I bought one from the first batch from an individual on this forum, sharpened it to 15 dps on the Wicked Edge and then EDCd and used it on food, cardboard and wood for about a year until I lost it a couple of weeks ago, at which point it was still cutting well.

I don't have the means to do scientific comparisons, but all I can say from my experience, is that all other knives with comparable (thin) geometries I could ever get my hands on didn't even come close to the edge holding of that Shuffler. Because it seems that there are knives on the market with corrosion resistant "super" steels and thick geometries, or thin geometries with more traditional, less abrasion resistant steels. Until CollectorKnives and Lionsteel made these Shufflers and related models. I can't say if edge holding was better than my Benchmades and Shiros in M390. It certainly wasn't that much worse that I would have noticed.

Given my experience with the edge holding, it is my opinion that implications that people are in general not getting their moneys worth when buying these CK/Lionsteel collaborations is far off.

No, I can't tell you at what hardness mine was. If you can point me to another folder for about 100$, with one of these modern PM steels, a blade not thicker than 2.5mm, a thin grind, a pretty and utilitarian design, please do, I'm eager to check it out.

Please don't look at collector knives post at face value. He wasn't there and is making the story to look bad with the little info he has. He wasn't there and is making things skewed.

It's time for you to present hard evidence of all these claims you're making or shut up.

It's time for you to present hard evidence of all these claims you're making or shut up.
LOL. Why? Cause the post in question didn't even mention this...
The tester at Peters also has a maintained and calibrated Wilson 4jr right outside his office, and had no qualms about the machine used. This is supported by the other samples each lining up.

These are two very experienced guys, who confirmed testing methodology with each other, etc. Neither could explain the variance with the one sample, and they agreed that it was worth further testing or exploration.
Hmm... Seems skewed to me.

Posting hrc data isn't going to be an issue. People saying that all there knives are that hrc based off of one or two tests is not something that people are supposed to do. Don't blame anyone. It's just a data point. They did 3rd party testing. And they concluded that would be idea to test again with another 3rd party.

I'm not a fan of backstabbing folks myself. I won't say what I think of you. I bet that you know where to come and sort out personal problems.

Let's see what @knifeswapper thinks of being called out as shady by another anonymous person who definitely isn't "Kurt".

LOL. Why? Cause the post in question didn't even mention this...

Hmm... Seems skewed to me.
There's also the point that Collector Knives has repeatedly worked with the community here, responded to feedback and tried to get folks what they want. You, on the other hand, seem to simply post second hand drama that you have no way of proving.

There's also the point that Collector Knives has repeatedly worked with the community here, responded to feedback and tried to get folks what they want. You, on the other hand, seem to simply post second hand drama that you have no way of proving.
Lol whatever man.. Not dealing with you. You can decide for yourself. I'm not going to try and convince you of anything. Nor am I gonna hold your hand and point everything out.

Last edited:
This is one of them where he accuses him of doing the test on the edge bevel. I couldn't find the other. Of course the comments all gone on the original deleted posts.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Byte1YPnvaN/?igshid=juv1qrqoiqv

And the two knives that did record low and performance cut testing was low... Are just two knives. Not the whole batch. And that's what the testers were trying to verify. Most likely Ltk kindof went off when he shouldn't have before they verified again, which they did and concluded what Banter said in an above post.
Thank you for sharing that as that was posted outside this thread I of course missed it I don't read much in youtube comments and the like myself. When I read that one while it might come off somewhat accusatory and talking down to someone it isn't very much so and given that this has had a direct impact on his business and lively hood. He might be rightly upset and act a little out of line particularly if the claims are false which much of what I have seen seems somewhat true. I would as said before in this thread or another that is more or less on the same subject but the samples are a small sampling and lead more to believe these are exceptions to these companies product and not the norm.

Back