Production

I have a question to whomever may be able to answer, please and thank you.

Does Survive anticipate any Models jumping up in the production schedule like, 5.1's or any one time offerings? I am trying to make a decision, I would love ABSOLOUTELY love to have my GSO 6 I preordered, but there is no estimated delivery date... I am concerned that other models may jump up on the schedule somehow... Or that I may end up with my Randall Made Knife 1st that I preordered at the same time and it came with a 4yr wait and they mailed me an anticipated delivery date... Thoughts opinions... I know there were some improvements to production and that should make things more streamlined and efficient... I guess I would just like to see light at the end of the tunnel...

Sincerely,

Concerned but optimistic.

As I recall they set the current production order in Fall of 2015.
I think that the GSO 2.7 was jumped ahead of the 4.1 at that time because of delays in procuring materials for the very large 4.1 production run.
The GSO 4 Limited run and a few items of new old stock were sold last year as well.
It is possible that they might make additional changes to the production order but they have been fairly consistent so far.

There is nothing that will be jumping ahead of the GSO-6 in the production process.

Thank you Ellie! I appreciate you getting back to me and am happy to continue waiting with that info! I love the knives and I love my Gomboy Pro that I ordered from you guys, it performs flawlessly and even left some friends swearing I cut it with a power tool by how clean the cut was!

Thank you

That is really interesting in light of Guy's mysterious box heading off to heat treat!
That makes me think that box must have something to do with 3.5s or 12s, they're before 6s in the production order already. Hmm...

Say what?
If you meant to ask if the knife will throw a spark when it's struck by a piece of flint, the answer is no.
It's 2017.
Buy a ferro rod or a lighter.
That is an interesting point that I've heard mentioned elsewhere. As I understand it what happens when you strike a flint with steel is that tiny pieces of the steel are knocked off and catch fire. Apparently O1 is the king of throwing sparks and as the alloy content increases the steel becomes less flammable. I've compared the compositions of O1 and M2 (which are recommended as strikers) and 3V (which is not) and 3V has a much higher chromium content. Stainless alloys are also not recommended as strikers, so perhaps chromium really is the problem.

Back