Progress Thread - The Redmeadow Bowies

Knice John, I love the way the spacers are laid out and the contrast between the black, silver and white I love this one. From its butt cap to its tip, from the sexy biased guard to the drawn swedge it's just... I can't even describe how it makes me feel. It looks so well balanced. Just a touch heavier toward the tip and a sweet spot just behind the radius in the belly. I can actually close my eyes and feel it in my hand doin' a snap cut. :) :) :) :)

You did a superb job on that knife John, that AI looks fantastic with the spacer arrangement you have there.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just.......AWSOME!
you've really sold me on the A/I thing.
But the style....definitely an original.
Ted hit some of the highlights, so I'll just say "what Ted said"!

Getting the details cleaned up on the guard. These alternate elephants must be majestic creatures, their Ivory is really nice. IMG_20170906_235539-1370x2436.jpg
I think I've mentioned how my two year old boy has to point out the guard on every knife. This one confused him. He pointed to the top of the S guard where it curves forward, scrunched his brow and said "what happened?". It's my first S guard so he'd never seen one that curved forward before, he didn't know what to think lol.

whoa-nelly.jpg

I agree! :D

... I can't even describe how it makes me feel...

Me either... :eek:

I might need a little "hand shaping" after seeing that. That is gorgeous. I love the contrasts, it grabs the eyes and doesn't let go.

Me too! :confused: BRB...
"Oh honey..." :p

Phenomenal John!!! Out of the park as usual!!! Bravo!!!

source.gif

More devil in the details. I'll have this blade wrapped up very soon. I've always appreciated knives that don't stay in the two dimensional realm, I appreciate them even more after the amount of hand work that went into this S guard.
IMG_20170912_163120.jpg

Back