Proof I'm still alive

SDS

Although life has gotten in the way of knifemaking lately here are a few that I have managed to finish up lately. I still have several that I am in the process of finishing for people who have ordered them. To those people, I haven't forgotten you and now that the 2010 KGA knife show is over I will have more time to commit to finishing your knives.

Enough talk, here are the knives:

First up is a drop point hunter in D2 with stainless guard and corby bolts. The handle is stabilized, maple (I think) burl.
041-1.jpg

043-2.jpg

Next is a recurve hunter in D2 with a full flat grind and dyed, stabilized quilted maple handle. The handle has an irridescence to it in the sunlight.
053-2.jpg

051-3.jpg

058-1.jpg

Here is a Nessmuk inspired knife in D2 with stabilized curly oak handles, mosaic pins, and filework. The blade has a full flat grind and a thin edge. Should be a great slicer.
063.jpg

061.jpg

066.jpg

And the last one for today is my frontier bowie/fighter. It has a sheath of deerskin rawhide wrapped around a vegetable tanned leather liner. The stitching is done with linen cord and the welt is held in place by cut copper tacks. It has buckskin fringe with brass and glass trade beads, copper cones and horsehair. The throat of the sheath is covered with beaver tail leather. The belt loop is made from veg. tanned leather which has been dyed.

The knife is D2 with a full flat grind, Alabama damascus guard and pommel and stag handle with mild steel pin.

090-1.jpg

095.jpg

098.jpg

099.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look. If you have comments or questions please just ask.

SDS

And here are a couple for the tactical crowd. Both are my MUK (military utility knife) model but one of these is the first double edged version that I have made of this knife. Both are 3/16 D2 with a hollow grind and canvas micarta handles (one green one tan) with stainless guards and corby bolts. The knives have a blasted finish to reduce glare/reflections.

031-3.jpg

032.jpg

038-2.jpg

036-2.jpg

SDS

Great looking stuff Shawn, love that Nessmuk with the filework! Good to see some of your recent work. Trevor~

Back