Proof Of Busse (and Kin) Superiority

I was patrolling the boundaries of the property as I sometimes need to do. I came across this tree down on top of a fence.

Screen-Shot-2020-09-13-at-8-02-36-pm.jpg

Some branches were held up at the far end, so I was doing under cuts. But this one twisted and fell a different way, pinching the bar. The saw here is hanging in the air, held in place by the tip. Immovable, stuck solid. There was no way I could get it free. That branch was heavier than it looked!
Screen-Shot-2020-09-13-at-8-02-51-pm.jpg

My only option to rescue it was this. A BB13 that lives behind the driver's seat of the ute.
Screen-Shot-2020-09-13-at-8-02-59-pm.jpg

Hacking away, trying to get the weight off.
Screen-Shot-2020-09-13-at-8-03-18-pm.jpg

They are springy branches, so I just hit them as hard as I could and hoped for the best. They move around so you can't aim precisely. They were sitting directly on top of the fence, so I hit the wire about 10 or 15 times pretty hard. This is wire under tension, so it was solid not springy.

No edge damage at all. :cool: You wouldn't even know I'd used it. That is why I carry an INFI BB13.

Screen-Shot-2020-09-13-at-8-03-25-pm.jpg

The saw is free !!!
Screen-Shot-2020-09-13-at-8-03-36-pm.jpg

Finished the job. The fence was okay too. :thumbsup: Lucky, because there are about 50 head of cattle and two horses on the other side.

Screen-Shot-2020-09-13-at-8-14-05-pm.jpg

PART 3

Another 1000 chops without sharpening the the blade. Total of 2000 chops and splitting wood in Part 2. At the end of Part 3 I chopped through African Camelthorn Hard wood. I use this wood to test edge stability on smaller knives which is absolutely horrible for any knife. The Ratweiler had no issues chopping right through in 15 blows. I cleaned the edge afterwards and the Apex was smooth and still biting my skin and went through newspaper print like butter.

Overall at 15.5 dps the edge showed great edge stability keeping a razor polished edge right throughout the test. The steel is definitely very tough, as I said before I originally warped about 3 inches of the blade the first time I started my testing, this was due to the obtuse angles preventing the apex from penetrating the wood. The warp was huge, I fixed it by hammering the edge straight, reduced the edge angle issue gone.

The steel is so easy to sharpen, so when you hit a rock(which i did) its very easy to fix. A few weeks ago I hit the pavement towards the tip and it took me less then 5 min to repair.

This knife is a monster with so much power for chopping, the handle compliments this with no hot spots as previously stated. The handle is well rounded.

This completes my testing, I hope this gave some valuable feedback.

I don't ever feel I should convince someone what's good for them.

I love the products, love the company and I love the crowd (and I love whiskey).

However, this is why I'll be a loyal customer for life, and probably after...

Long story short, I buy knife, I mess up the knife, I ask forum how to fix, Jerry comes in without me calling and offers to take care of everything no questions asked.

And a follow up, knife came back fixed, re coated, sharpened, and tip fixed up, last three were not even discussed or asked for.

Been years since, I have not come across anyone who stands behind what they do like busse folks do.

Some work with the Hellrazor 2, not a review. Though I can say that this is definitely more a combat/self defense blade IMO. The blade is thin, light and fast. Also cuts really well, I decided to sell one of my smaller fixed blades that I used for cutting cardboard. Not sure how but it out performs this smaller fixed blade with a very slicey thin geometry.

I use self fusing tape on all my blades, it increases grip by 50% which increase speed.

Last edited:

The edge is currently at 18.5dps with no micro bevel. this is robust enough to cut through anything including metal as seen by Nathan's testing.

This test again shows how efficient mid carbon steels are for large hard use knives. The steel if damaged micro rolls versus micro chipping as I have seen on high carbon vs mid carbon steels. Also mid Carbon steels responds better to stropping and steeling in general. The sharpness retained on this knife was high after the work done.

The wood used for testing have been subjected to dirt, rain and sand for months and this makes it even harder for a knife's appex. After the chop test I could see scratches on the edge from sand particles but this caused no Apex damage.

The Splitting test was not a easy task and the knife got stuck a few times due to knots, I grabbed a larger piece to baton right through the knots. In total I went through 5 very hard knots which you normally would try to avoid. For the test I went through them.

conclusion: INFI is a very tough but yet hard enough mid carbon steel with a obvious good heat treat. I found the steel to be corrosion resistant and very easy to sharpen. Is it worth the price? I think if you like the designs it's worth the money but you can get other knives that will almost equal the performance in one or two categories. What shines about INFI is it excels in four categories

Last edited:
Back