proper 319-2

aue123

Gold Member
got a new 319-2 and the blade isn’t centered, what’s the easiest fix other than sending it clear across the USA for “warranty” work.. any help is much appreciated.. i don’t have the knife near me to take a picture but it’s scary close to rubbing along the liner and i’m not trying to taint that juicy S90v steel..

I have received an off-center (pretty bad) Proper as well and promptly contacted my dealer (KSF) and returned it. Fantastic customer service and no problems whatsoever.

It stands out in my mind because I very rarely return knives for issues.

I just glanced at the BM site, and it looks like you have 90 days to return defective product.

Their Return Policy seems very customer friendly. It mentions "If you're not completely satisfied with your Benchmade" that you can contact them for a return.

awesome!! thank you so much
You're welcome. :thumbsup:

It's possible that someone else might have a fix for you, I realize you didn't really want the hassle of sending it back, and I get that.

I would be careful of wrenching around on it at all, as BM will undoubtedly give it a good look to see if it has been "messed" with at all.

Good luck with it, I have about 4 variations of the Proper and think it's a great knife. I have one with a Krein regrind that is a real dandy little cutter.

Back