1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Photos Prototype Utility Shears

Discussion in 'Razors, Scissors, & Personal Grooming' started by FortyTwoBlades, Oct 24, 2017.

1. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    ^ NiCE :thumbsup: My shop scissors are ALL pitiful. I will surely sign up for a pair of these (and I guess a scythe stone). :thumbsup:

Ray

FortyTwoBlades likes this.
  2. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Boy those look like a must have! The credit card cut did it for me. When yopu cut the aluminum wire, did it leave a burr in the scissors?

3. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    Nope--no burr! And they go through credit card plastic like it's paper. It was actually the easiest of the various things I cut for the video, but I figure it's something plenty of folks have probably struggled through using stamped office scissors, so they'd know what an easy time the Humboldt shears had of it. :D :D :D

4. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    I sure could have used these this weekend to remove summer growth in the garden beds. Hostas had some tough stocks. May have to get two, one for the house and one for outside, just have to remember not to let my wife use them, they might end up in her sewing basket.

5. FortyTwoBlades

Mar 8, 2008
    As an update we'll be moving ahead with these very shortly. :)

woodysone and Knife_Geek like this.
  6. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    @FortyTwoBlades , Thanks for the update, if I get these and want another pair for the garage will you have any extras? Thanks martin

7. FortyTwoBlades

Mar 8, 2008
    Oh yes, we'll be getting quite a few of them.

woodysone likes this.
  8. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    Great! and my wife's sewing shears Thank You

9. Dirtbiker

Dirtbiker

Jul 2, 2010
    Where are we at on delivery of the shears?

10. FortyTwoBlades

Mar 8, 2008
    They're currently paid for and in production. I approved the etch on them last week. :)

Knife_Geek likes this.
  11. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    Very much looking forward to these! I don't believe I can stop at one pair if they live up to the proto type.

12. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
  13. FortyTwoBlades

Mar 8, 2008
    They're coming along! Should be getting out most of the pre-orders over the weekend and finishing out the rest early this week.

14. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    Boy, this is great news!:) Looking forward to seeing if they live up to the hype, if so hopefully you have a couple of pairs that will be available for those hard to shop for?;)

15. FortyTwoBlades

Mar 8, 2008
    Yes, the first production run was 500x units, so we have plenty of 'em! :p

16. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    Boy, that was a big investment!:eek: But you have shown that you know what you are doing @FortyTwoBlades, thanks for the information.

17. Knife_Geek

Knife_Geek

Mar 11, 2007
    Color me impressed. I wasnt expecting these to happen nearly that fast. Looking forward to the first pair and weighing a couple more pairs in my head right now.

FortyTwoBlades and woodysone like this.
  18. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Just ordered mine :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Ray

19. woodysone

Nov 21, 2005
    @FortyTwoBlades hope these are all you say they are because just ordered another pair. Any chance of getting some help on shipping, or maybe a stone to keep them sharp?

20. FortyTwoBlades

Mar 8, 2008
    I can combine shipping with the earlier order, certainly. :)