Proxy sales

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I have no problem with folks buying multiples if they want more than one or want to give a knife to friends or family.

Also, there is nothing to stop someone from buying a knife and re-selling it, it's a free country. I honestly have no problem with it so long as folks aren't rushing in to buy up all the inventory then flipping to gouge the end users. Fortunately there has been very little of this. This is a good community of fine folks, and for that I am very grateful.

There is one small issue that I would like to bring up about proxies and multiples. If you're getting a knife for another person and want it shipped to a different address than your paypal address we're happy to accommodate you. But if you're doing a proxy for someone else please limit your order to one knife while we're going through a period of limited inventory so other folks coming to the sales can also get what they need.

The upcoming sale tomorrow will be the last of the EDC pattern and there will only be ten of them. I'm sorry, there aren't many left. Unless we revisit this pattern again in the future (not in the schedule at this time) this is the last of them. So, please limit orders tomorrow to one per post. Thank you.

We appreciate all of you and your support of our work.

Thanks,
Nate and crew

My 3000th post and therefore I may as well make it a bit more useful than the other, ooh, at least 2000 of them?!

Hear! Hear! Nathan.

I've committed myself to proxy but now I kind of feel guilty because of the very limited quantity of ten in addition to Nathan's sage advice. My conscious and I are going to have a couple of beers to confer over this :)

P.S. I just checked and I think that Hundred Acres Wood has never had the pleasure of owning any CPK. I'll help out that Brother. So no limbic system lubrication is needed, well not over this anyway!

Happy 3000th! Yay :) ! Though I could have sworn I noted twelve (versus ten) remaining in a previous post...

Man I wish I would have found out about CPK sooner. The EDC looks like a great user for my needs, really hoping I score one tomorrow.

P.S. I just checked and I think that Hundred Acres Wood has never had the pleasure of owning any CPK. I'll help out that Brother. So no limbic system lubrication is needed, well not over this anyway!

Thank you so much! Your willingness to help a total stranger is a mark of a true gentleman, and the type of quality we should all strive for.

Whether you snag one or not, I owe you a debt of gratitude, and if I can't find a way to pay you back, I'll find a way to pay it forward.

Hoping to get my first CPK. Keeping my fingers crossed for good luck!

Thank you so much! Your willingness to help a total stranger is a mark of a true gentleman, and the type of quality we should all strive for.

Whether you snag one or not, I owe you a debt of gratitude, and if I can't find a way to pay you back, I'll find a way to pay it forward.

He got me my first EDC. Hope he can help you.

Will there be any instructions before today's sale thread is posted? Or will the thread be posted right at 3pm EDT?

Will there be any instructions before today's sale thread is posted? Or will the thread be posted right at 3pm EDT?

Usually no further instructions are posted prior to a pre-announced Friday's sale, unless it is like what Nathan had posted regarding this sale in the OP.

He typically posts his sales thread right on 3:00 PM Eastern Time as he has always stated.

Today's sale will be on the following subforum:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/for-sale-fixed-blades.754/

Usually no further instructions are posted prior to a pre-announced Friday's sale, unless it is like what Nathan had posted regarding this sale in the OP.

He typically posts his sales thread right on 3:00 PM Eastern Time as he has always stated.

Today's sale will be on the following subforum:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/for-sale-fixed-blades.754/

yes I knew the location just wasn't sure about the process. Thanks for clearing it up.

yes I knew the location just wasn't sure about the process. Thanks for clearing it up.

For the typical 'first come, first serve' sales there will typically only be the notification of what, when, where in the opening post of the stickied post 'The Next Sale' and then the actual sale post.

Nathan and Jo are great at posting (if in Fixed Blade sale forum) or unlocking the sale thread (if in CPK subforum) exactly at the stated time (3:00 PM EDT typically), so you'll want to keep an eye on the official NIST time and be prepared to paste your comment into the thread and quickly 'Post Reply' to try to get a top spot.

Good luck.

Nathan, a quick question if you happen to see it in time...

Some folks request a proxy and then get multiple offers. You do not want one person to be a proxy for more than one other person given limited quantities. What about one person who has multiple proxies in place? I could see a situation where on a day that the sale has 10 knives, two or three of the top ten posts could be proxies for a single individual. Is that ok or not?

Nathan, a quick question if you happen to see it in time...

Some folks request a proxy and then get multiple offers. You do not want one person to be a proxy for more than one other person given limited quantities. What about one person who has multiple proxies in place? I could see a situation where on a day that the sale has 10 knives, two or three of the top ten posts could be proxies for a single individual. Is that ok or not?

I can say this. If more than one guy that offered to proxy for me gets one, I'll only be taking one and they can give another fortunate CPK noobie the other EDC.

I started a conversation with Nathan pointing him to my question. Nathan replied:

"If someone buys a knife and it's for someone else, they're still the one that bought that knife. If three different people are all a proxy for one dude, that's between them and that dude."

^^^Great question, on_the_edge on_the_edge
I'm one of the dudes offered up my help. MoS89 and I talked off-line and came to the only conclusion that if it shakes out that way the extras will be passed along. He's doesn't want multiple knives. We just have multiple guys wanting to help.

^^^Great question, on_the_edge on_the_edge
I'm one of the dudes offered up my help. MoS89 and I talked off-line and came to the only conclusion that if it shakes out that way the extras will be passed along. He's doesn't want multiple knives. We just have multiple guys wanting to help.

Yes, I will not be playing today for this knife, but it seems like there is a lot of interest, perhaps more so given that these are the last ten EDCs for quite awhile. Just looking to make sure everyone knows what the playing ground looks like. Personally, I hope everyone that scores one hangs on to it and puts it to a lot of use. :)

H Hundred Acre Wood :

Hey Bud, I got you one as my post on the EDC Sales Thread came in 8th on the rotation.

Please contact @Jo the Machinist AKA NinjaJo to sort out your paymen.

Enjoy the EDC when in hand and I am also sure that you will pay forward when you get into this groove. I am all good on this and there never was quid pro quo :thumbsup:

Back