Pry Bar

Bruzek Knives USA

Knife Maker - Semper Fidelis
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Last edited:
Start playing around with making tools. I have seen many pictures of small pry bars and knife nail picks. Some of which are hard to find and buy. The below one is an attempt at pry bar/nail nick puller I have seen on the forum a few times. Loved it and wanted one. Hope you enjoy the pictures of what I made.

View attachment 567162View attachment 567163View attachment 567164

Nice, Looks exactly like Jared Oesers Nail nick/pry bar.

That was the one I kept seeing pop up. Wanted to buy one so bad but couldn't find it, so I decided to make one for myself. Thanks Benr.t.

Thanks jds1! I have many more I am finishing in different patterns and scales. I will be posting more

What material are you using (tool not the scales)? I like the looks of it, how does it feel in hand not having the scales go all the way to the edge?

I used some CPM D2. I have them heat treat same as my blades. I use a variety metals to make these little guys. I just use the scraps left over. This one was .154" thick so she is chunky but feels ver comfortable in the hand. The scales I sanded down thin enough to not over throw the handling and feel too chunky. On this one the scales do not go all the way to the edge but I give them a nice bevel so you can't even notice in the hand. The next one I will be posting is a little different in style but same concept of use. This one the scales will go all the way to the edge.

Thanks for the positive comments DLT Trading! Keep checking back as I will be posting more of these little buggers as I make them.

another one done with jigged bone.

Last edited:
It is certainly cute and something people that like nick knacks might find interesting. Beyond that I would add a nail puller feature to make it more versatile.

I have a few I am working on that combine a claw foot style front and some with a bottle opener on the end.

Back