PSA - Email Notices Stopped Working for ALL Microsoft Hosts

SpyderPhreak

Rocketman for hire
Platinum Member
Heads up Spark Spark , I haven't received any email notices of private messages or thread subs for the past ~24 hours.

Hm, I'm still getting them

Mine are working, but I'm only currently monitoring one forum (CPK).

Ok will check again

Pistonsandgears, robbobus apparently your email provider has put us on a block list

It seems to be intermittent for me. I have not received notices for a couple PM's this week, and most watched thread notices have not come through.

Which provider is blocking e-mail from BF?

Pistonsandgears, robbobus apparently your email provider has put us on a block list
Really? outlook started blocking bladeforums emails? That's surprising, I'll have to try a different email address. That's ridiculous if true i get plenty of actual spam.

outlook, hotmail, live all did apparently

Really? outlook started blocking bladeforums emails? That's surprising, I'll have to try a different email address. That's ridiculous if true i get plenty of actual spam.

Outlook is doing this??? Really??? o_O That's what my current address is as well. Absolutely RIDICULOUS!!! :mad: While I can change to a different address if needed, it certainly isn't preferred. Spark Spark is there anything we can do on our end? How did you find out they put BF on a block list?

ETA -

outlook, hotmail, live all did apparently

So everything Microsoft-related? :poop: :mad: :thumbsdown:

Looked at emails that were bouncing, searched for the above usernames, and surprise! Hotmail, live, outlook all have us on a block list right now

Looked at emails that were bouncing, searched for the above usernames, and surprise! Hotmail, live, outlook all have us on a block list right now

That is absolute BS!!! :poop: I understand them trying to block SPAM (and they don't do a great job with that, lmao), but legitimate stuff? That should be illegal! I better not find out that this is some kind of "weapons"-related nonsense. o_O Digging into it with MS...

Last edited:
I'm throwing in the towel on researching this tonight. Chatted with a customer support agent at Microsoft, and they claim that they do not "block" email from anywhere. :rolleyes: Claimed that it just gets sent to your "junk" folder, but they don't wholesale block anything. IDK. I have still been getting email from knife and gun companies this week though, even today.

Yep, hotmail user. Nothing in the spam folder. No emails since Wednesday. Now to figure out how to change the email associated with my account...

Yeah I checked my spam folder too, nothing there. The emails are just completely blocked by Microsoft apparently. Sounds like they started blocking on Wednesday, that was the last day the messages came through. I switched over to a gmail address and they are coming through again.

Further talk with Microsoft today yielded nothing. :mad: They claim not to "block" any email in such a fashion, which is clearly NOT true. o_O I'd love to know why they're doing this, but they don't even admit to doing it. :poop: Not sure where to go from here. :rolleyes:

I am going to create another email account on a different host, then just forward everything from that to my primary hotmail account. This is just stupid. :thumbsdown:

I just noticed the same thing with my live account. If this continues with them, seems like I will need to start a new account elsewhere soon. I can't risk my knife related emails getting shutdown.

Hopefully a fix can be found, as this is really annoying as saving PM's in my emails is the only way I currently get around the PM limits for my membership level.

Edit: I've added spark's email address that I get in the BF notifications to my allowed safe senders and domain list and safe mailing list. Can someone PM me to see if that made a difference?

Edit 2: no luck adding bladeforums.com to acceptable domains or spark's email to the acceptable email list.

Last edited:
Back