• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Public apology

David Brown

Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :)
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi Everybody,

First I am very sorry fro all the missed deadlines & broken promises of delivery times.

I am ashamed of how everything has turned out.

I am a pretty private person do not like burdening my Internet friends with my problems.But due to resent post & events I feel maybe I should explain things

I have been usually pretty good about meeting delivery times, but to be honest I would not wish my last year of my life on my worst enemy.

1st
Almost a year ago I injured my back really bad.
I fractured all 10 of the processes of my L-series vertebrae (the little wings on the sides.
I also slipped a vertebrae off of a disc.
This meant I could not stand for more than a few minutes at a time for at least a few months.
After some physical therapy & lots of vicodin & Soma I got to where I could walk.
I also own a pressure washing business & I can no longer do it because the physical part of it kills my back.
Since that is my main source of income it has stressed me out quite a bit trying to hire people to make it work & still pay bills.

2nd
In December my wife & my children's step mom of 12 years cheated on me with a "friend" that was working for me helping with the pressure washing business. She then also left us alone & moved in with him.

3rd
Going through a divorce, splitting assets & everything is a little stressful & time consuming. Refinancing my house to pay her off & everything has been stressful.

I have also become a single parent to 2 teenagers( I have had sole custody of my kids for 13 years)

Like I said I would not wish this on my worst enemy & I am sorry for not letting everyone know but I am pretty private.

I am very truly sorry & hope you can accept my apology for missing delivery dates.

I have got my stuff together & am quickly getting caught up, & should have all my aging orders done very soon.

I am selling the concrete cleaning business & concentrating on the sheath & holster making business. I hope I can gain your respect & business back.

Thank you for understanding.

David Brown

Sorry to hear about what You've been dealing with, that's pretty heavy :( Stay strong Bro!!

Darrell.................

I don't know you or what is going on but.....

mom of 12 years cheated on me with a "friend"

Thats was not a friend, and you don't need anyone in your life like that. Good luck with your troubles.

Hang in there, David. It'll get better. In fact, your life will be a little better in a couple of days(I mailed your goodies this afternoon, Bro). :)

There's no shame in being a man dave...hang in there...shits gotta get better...but not for the punk that possed as your friend...every dog has it's day.

Life sure handed you a big steaming pile. I sure hope that things are looking up. It took some courage to come here and put everything on the table. I think that folks will be willing to cut you some slack. I sure hope so anyway.

I certainly won't be throwing the first stone.

I trust Dave ... and I will continue to count on him for advice and for kydex! :D

I don't even know Dave but I have seen his name here on BF before and I've heard good about him. I am certain that he will meet all of his obligations and I urge everyone to give this guy some time and understanding.

His story is almost exactly identical to what happened to my own brother a while back. Talk about Deja Vu all over again :(

I have no doubt that this guy will come out of this in a really good way and his obligations will be met. I urge all of you to have patience with this guy and give him your prayers if you are a believer in that.

This kind of stuff just almost seems epidemic in this country. And it also seems like it almost always happens to good guys/gals too. I have no doubt that when Dave get's all your stuff done it will be TOP NOTCH. Hang in there KNIFE BROTHER it get's better, believe me it does.

Never done business with you, but after reading your post it tells me you're a stand-up kinda guy. Best of luck to you!

Dave makes great sheaths and is the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet, even though he does not look so nice, he's a real teddybear. I cannot imagine not doing business with him

Glad things are on the turnaround for ya bro.

Sad people are so quick to negatively judge and comment (slam) without knowing all of the circumstances, or as Paul Harvey says "the rest of the story"....

It is tough to bring personal things here, but it takes more of man to explain the "why" behind how things appear.

Take some frustrations/aggressions out on those homemade BG's, and get us more pix....

:thumbup: :cool:

No sweat Dave...

Keep your chin up bro, I'll be saying some prayers for you too. :)

Dude, I feel for ya! Stay strong! I know it's easier said than done but "Stay positive" She's outta your life for the most part and that is a good thing since she did what she did. She was negativity in your life hiding under a mask of support. Now you are free of it, once you get your head & affairs straight and you get a good rythm in your businesses going again, all will be better than before. I wish you the best!
R

Dave made some excellent sheaths for me a while back for my Ranger Knives. He was a little late in delivery but never said why, or mentioned the hell he was going through. I highly recommend Dave and Buy Brown Kydex. Nobody does better work. Heal well my friend, from all those wounds.

Our prayers for you! Peter

I have never bought any sheaths form Dave but have had some knives with his sheaths before, Very nice sheaths....I hope everything gets better for you......Best of luck man....

Hi Dave, I have not met you, but I will look you up for some sheaths in the future.
Stay Strong & Many Blessings to you!
Shebop

brother david brown is one hell of a guy, makes fine kydex too. :cool:

i had the pleasure of being a guest at his compound in az, he was a great host to say the least.

one word of caution though... i went to the store to get a few limes, during the time that i was gone, say 20 minutes, he drank a fifth of my tequila :mad:

after reading this i suppose he had good reason...

hang in there dave, i'll send you some more :thumbup:

Back