Pulled The Trigger on an Izula 2

I've been reading this forum almost constantly for the past 2 days :D. Lots of great info here.

Well, I orderd an Izula 2 last night. Can't wait to get it. I'm planning to use it as an EDC as well as for hunting. Though I may have to look at an ESEE- 4 or 5 for hunting as well.

Just getting tired of carrying a pocket clip folder.

Welcome aboard. Congrats on the purchase. I like the Izula and Izula II. They are great knives.

mlrs

Welcome to the nut house.

I’ve got an Izula II inbound as well and I can’t wait to give it a workout!

The Izula II is a great way to start. :thumbup: I am sure you will be pleased with it.

Congrats! Brace yourself for lots of opinions on the best hunting/camping ESEE. :)

IMHO, and as an owner of a 5, the 5 is a SERE knife, and not ideally suited for camping and processing game. While it can do it (as in the "S" part of SERE), the blade geometry of the 4 and 6 may be better suited for these tasks if those the predominant activities.

Maybe we need some sort of venn diagram of the ESEE offerings and their dominant/ideal usages :)

Izula is unbelievable. I really like carrying this with a basic chain/bead necklace. Such a light, tactical (oh yes I said tactical!) , sexy blade. You will be surprised at first at how damn small it is, and then you will understand why everyone loves it after handling it.

Thanks for the welcome and advice.

Since I'm a knife nut, I'm definitely afraid of what I might do after I get this first ESEE. :D

Got a delivery today!:thumbup:

I think I'm going to really like this knife.

59fd5b3c.jpg

Two Izula II's delivered to Missouri on the same day. :thumbup:

I hope that didn't upset the knife continuum balance of the planet. :D

Not to steal anybody's thunder, but I've got an Izzy II coming too.
Hopefull it'll be here by tomorrow.
It's about time I discovered why everyone raves about this thing.
Next, I think a 4 is in order.
Lenny

Congrats on your purchase. I just got the Izula 1 and am already eying the 2. And the ESEE-3. And the ESEE-4...

It's like crack.

Back