Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Oh he's a handfiul alright! I'm gonna have to look into findung one of those for him. Evil Roy is a big SASS shooter, I wonder what other kind of merchandise he has

Cash me outside, howbowdah @jlauffer

0*kQjLUK0_wD5wtxWW.gif

He seems like a nice fellow 😁

Changing the steering gear plate on a riding mower is a pain in the arse, what a #%!&#%@%!!!
20210712_231356-01.jpeg

My 6 yr old helped me, the kid is so mechanically inclined it's amazing.

He said "Dad, if we didn't have money to buy this gear we could have just turned it upside down...."

I'll be damned if he isn't right...
20210712_232147-01.jpeg

I always wondered about the title of this thread, had to go back to page 1 to see the inspiration for its creation, I have been educated. :) Lately, I have been wondering about old places one has discovered in their traveling, distant lands and cultures, old buildings being renovated for a second life rather than torn down, seeing things in our own backyard we may have missed, small fixed blades that are easy to carry, and spear pointed slip joints. Crazy ramblings, I know, but they crossed my mind.

Last edited:
So, if a shrink were to examine all this (and I was watching old Frazier episodes this morning), he/she would say I am craving an adventure to a distant land, exploring old ruins and countryside, all the while feeling secure knowing I have a small spear shaped Cowbell with Mexican blanket scales (one has to be fashionable here) attached to a horizontal carry sheath, ready to be deployed should the need arise…….to cut up cheese and sausage…..ready to have a picnic. Maybe an additional SA or Laguiole would have a cork screw to open a bottle of wine to sip with while snacking on those cheese and crackers!!!!

Diagnosis: yearning for adventure, and then the lack of testosterone at my age turns me into Hallmark squishiness. Solution: watch more episodes of Forged in Fire, maybe add a bowl of chili with extra helpings of Grit TV westerns, and go driving to see colorful Fall foliage. Or finally decide where your man cave will be. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Spending a few day in Newport Oregon for the wife’s birthday we do EVERY year as it is a requirement. We both love it here and brought the middle granddaughter alone with the youngest daughter and a niece.
View attachment 1653490View attachment 1653491View attachment 1653492View attachment 1653493

Looks like a great weekend Greg, belated Happy Birthday to Mrs. Pease!

I always wondered about the title of this thread, had to go back to page 1 to see the inspiration for its creation, I have been educated. :) Lately, I have been wondering about old places one has discovered in their traveling, distant lands and cultures, old buildings being renovated for a second life rather than torn down, seeing things in our own backyard we may have missed, small fixed blades that are easy to carry, and spear pointed slip joints. Crazy ramblings, I know, but they crossed my mind.
So, if a shrink were to examine all this (and I was watching old Frazier episodes this morning), he/she would say I am craving an adventure to a distant land, exploring old ruins and countryside, all the while feeling secure knowing I have a small spear shaped Cowbell with Mexican blanket scales (one has to be fashionable here) attached to a horizontal carry sheath, ready to be deployed should the need arise…….to cut up cheese and sausage…..ready to have a picnic. Maybe an additional SA or Laguiole would have a cork screw to open a bottle of wine to sip with while snacking on those cheese and crackers!!!!

Diagnosis: yearning for adventure, and then the lack of testosterone at my age turns me into Hallmark squishiness. Solution: watch more episodes of Forged in Fire, maybe add a bowl of chili with extra helpings of Grit TV westerns, and go driving to see colorful Fall foliage. Or finally decide where your man cave will be. :thumbsup:

And thus you have captured the spirit of the thread. Think out loud and get it off your chest. Vent, ramble and opine. Thread drift all you want!

I'm thankful to have this subforum and the ability to get to know everyone. Like the Hobo in "King of the Road", I feel like I "know every engineer on every train, all of their children and all of their names.."

Looks like a great weekend Greg, belated Happy Birthday to Mrs. Pease!

And thus you have captured the spirit of the thread. Think out loud and get it off your chest. Vent, ramble and opine. Thread drift all you want!

I'm thankful to have this subforum and the ability to get to know everyone. Like the Hobo in "King of the Road", I feel like I "know every engineer on every train, all of their children and all of their names.."

good one, just listened to it, forgot about that one.

Mmmmm I heard talk of snow this week, can't wait. Hey that guy in the last picture looks like me when I wake up:eek:

I don't tread in other hosted subs but I do keep up with what's going on around the forum. It looks like John of JK knives is in the hospital from an aneurysm, It doesn't sound life threatening at the moment but they may have found other issues. The link is below in case anyone wanted to wish him well.

Update

"Redmeadow Woman and Child" circa 2021
20211012_152834-01.jpeg

Note insulated insulated cup and lollipop that were staples of the era. Back of photo reads "Going for eggs, stick in case of bear"

Last edited:
Back