Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Good times Greg, we're actually getting a Fall this year in Montana. We had the guaranteed snow before Halloween but it's been pretty nice around here. Supposed to be in the 50's today.

Good times Greg, we're actually getting a Fall this year in Montana. We had the guaranteed snow before Halloween but it's been pretty nice around here. Supposed to be in the 50's today.
Nice, that’s what we’ve got all the way down here in southern Idaho.

It rained and hailed today. We only got 6 carb today but we will be having a great dinner. I wish we got some snow that would stick around for more than a day or two.

The second one from the bottom is stacked leather and is what I called the Model #1. I made them in a Clip, a Drop point and a wharncliffe. I used a split grain leather on them and they came out with some texture, not as smooth as the full grain leather of the others. I'll probably revisi those in the stacked leather project.
IMG_20181119_130135_850.jpg

Last edited:
Got together with some new knife guys over the weekend and I started talking about my favorite knife maker John and Kyle started handing my his Redmeadows. I only had 2 of mine the top cowbell and the top Serrano. Kyles brother roared a tri tip over the fire and had to use sticks to hold the onions in. It looked wired but was great.

The second one from the bottom is stacked leather and is what I called the Model #1. I made them in a Clip, a Drop point and a wharncliffe. I used a split grain leather on them and they came out with some texture, not as smooth as the full grain leather of the others. I'll probably revisi those in the stacked leather project.
View attachment 1681636

wow!

My 8 year old was just putting flashcards in a ziploc bag and they wouldn't all fit......

She deadpanned and said "I'm gonna need a bigger boat"

Fatherhood level unlocked
ron_swanson_fist_pump-500x185.gif

My 8 year old was just putting flashcards in a ziploc bag and they wouldn't all fit......

She deadpanned and said "I'm gonna need a bigger boat"

Fatherhood level unlocked
ron_swanson_fist_pump-500x185.gif
I know the feeling from a father’s and a grandfather’s perspective.

Son Douglas (pokes the bear)
Me - Don’t do that.
Son Douglas (poking the bear again)
Me - I said don’t do that.
Son Douglas (poking the bear yet a third time)
Angry me - What don’t you understand about the word “don’t” ?!?!
In trouble son Douglas - The apostrophe.

Grandson Chandler (4) - I’m bored
Grandson Peyton (11) - That’s because you’re boring.

Remember when you used to get in trouble and your mom would say “I hope you have kids and they turn out just like you!” Well, I have, they are, and I really don’t mind that much.

Last edited:
We've had some wild winds lately, nothing new for this neck of the woods though. The Rocky Mountain front plays hell on the weather. Momma had to run to the big city this morning, 110 mile trip for us. Hopefully the winds aren't too bad for her on the way back.

Been having ridiculous sunsets, this picture isn't filtered and the colors were more intense in person. The rainbow colors slowly moved through a few clouds, it was really interesting.
VideoCapture_20211129-103752.jpg

Last edited:
Some info for reference and one of the things I like about Montana, it's lack of population. I mentioned Momma had to run to the big city in the last post. At 57,800 Great Falls is the 3rd largest city in the state. Everything's relative though, we still complain about traffic and the crowds lol.
Screenshot_20211129-105212_Chrome.jpg

Back