Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Some info for reference and one of the things I like about Montana, it's lack of population. I mentioned Momma had to run to the big city in the last post. At 57,800 Great Falls is the 3rd largest city in the state. Everything's relative though, we still complain about traffic and the crowds lol.
View attachment 1691613

I bought a new Carhartt and some fleece lined pants this year.

I’d say I’m about ready to move to MT but I know that might cause a panic and the borders will be shut down. 😁

I’ll have to move to a half-way state for a couple years first.

We've had some wild winds lately, nothing new for this neck of the woods though. The Rocky Mountain front plays hell on the weather. Momma had to run to the big city this morning, 110 mile trip for us. Hopefully the winds aren't too bad for her on the way back.

Been having ridiculous sunsets, this picture isn't filtered and the colors were more intense in person. The rainbow colors slowly moved through a few clouds, it was really interesting.
View attachment 1691600

Those rainbow colors are pretty wild. Sorta makes me think about something out of a Jefferson Airplane song. 🤩 Nature never ceases to amaze!

Phil

Any pics of you guys on a ranch or on the range with cattle? Got to have a chuckwagon somewhere Or just cooking on the grill? I have heard rumors that some counties out in Oregon want to secede and join Idaho. Others are moving out of California and heading for Texas. I have a desire to move from my area to a more rural area, maybe around a lake….but still not too far from a small town. I am not ready to raise any farm animals……just escape the crowds and traffic a little and slow down a bit. A little country living without living off the grid, more like country-esque. :):thumbsup:

Any pics of you guys on a ranch or on the range with cattle? Got to have a chuckwagon somewhere Or just cooking on the grill? I have heard rumors that some counties out in Oregon want to secede and join Idaho. Others are moving out of California and heading for Texas. I have a desire to move from my area to a more rural area, maybe around a lake….but still not too far from a small town. I am not ready to raise any farm animals……just escape the crowds and traffic a little and slow down a bit. A little country living without living off the grid, more like country-esque. :):thumbsup:
Sorry Craig, I missed this post. No cows for me, my neighbor raises cattle so I'll punch the occasional loose cow on the 4 wheeler now and then. Calving season is around the corner, I help out when I can. I've got about 5 acres and we keep a dozen or so chickens and a dozen Guinea hens. A couple dogs, too many cats (but no mice) and a cantankerous donkey (my wife might tell you there are two cantankerous asses on the propery though😁).

26 below right now with a dozen or so mule deer out back.
20211227_083613-01.jpeg

A quick update on what's goin on, (at the moment major plumbing issues but that should be wrapped up soon). Looking forward to 2022 and all the projects that are going on. I've got a pile of knives ready to grind, everything from Cowbells to Stacked Leather projects and a 4.5" field model I've been working on. Been performance testing that and made a couple of small changes to the original design that I posted in the Cowbell thread. The Gambler Bowie should be finished very soon in have another in the works. Belts on the leather bench, coffee cups to ship out, guards to mill, leather to stack and everything in between.

I've also got 16 feet of 80crv2 coming this week to fool around with some forging ideas I've been planning.

Hope everyone is enjoying the Holidays, I'm looking forward to getting these things going full steam in 2022.

Redmeadow Knives Redmeadow Knives
Thought you would appreciate this John. 😁
272379350_4722845544417357_4101193821210810940_n.jpg

Have a great weekend. Can we see some more Cowboys with cowbells? or Cowbells on the belts of Cowboys? Since you do not have cattle on the ranch, how about on the range? I would like to see some Mexican blanket in any of the knives too.

Last edited:
Forum has been working like lightning all night, let's hope it's not just because the lack of activity.

We used to have the ability to gift Basic memberships at $10. I'd gifted a few when regular users posted in our sub. Now Gold is the lowest you can gift at $35. Thought I'd find the most recent non paying member to post in our sub and gift a Gold. Browsed through quite a few threads and couldn't find a single one, everyone's a paying member, that's awesome. If anyone has a candidate for a gift membership let me know.

Forum has been working like lightning all night, let's hope it's not just because the lack of activity.

We used to have the ability to gift Basic memberships at $10. I'd gifted a few when regular users posted in our sub. Now Gold is the lowest you can gift at $35. Thought I'd find the most recent non paying member to post in our sub and gift a Gold. Browsed through quite a few threads and couldn't find a single one, everyone's a paying member, that's awesome. If anyone has a candidate for a gift membership let me know.
Great gesture John!:thumbsup: Will keep an eye out.

Assuming Spark gets the site running good again (so far so good), planning to go back to Platinum to help support the effort.

Last edited:
You'll notice a couple of changes to our subforum.

Though Tim is still making knives he's been livin the retired life wild and free. We're still great friends and hopefully he'll pop in here now and then.

I asked Spark if he would change the name to Redmeadow Knives "Home of the Cowbell. Made in Montana."

Another change you may notice are some thread prefixes. I now have access to more than what I had available before. I may update some threads to make make navigation a little easier.

Back