Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Cats are the ultimate ninjas. I have seen a few grizzly bears in the wild and they are kinda scary. But I've never seen a mountain lion even though I'm sure they have seen me. To me THAT is scary as hell.

My brother in law and I were fishing at Swift Dam a few years back, and we came across some bear sign by the shore. A little ways down he found some sign and said look, more bear. I said no, it's Cat. He was relieved, but I said at least we might see a bear coming, we won't know the cats coming until he's chewing one of our faces off!

My brother in law and I were fishing at Swift Dam a few years back, and we came across some bear sign by the shore. A little ways down he found some sign and said look, more bear. I said no, it's Cat. He was relieved, but I said at least we might see a bear coming, we won't know the cats coming until he's chewing one of our faces off!

He was relieved? I'd have been headed toward the car. :D

Bears and big cats. All that's missing is the Aligators.

"As long as I can outrun you, I'm not scared of them".

You're a quick learner.
:D

This is why you never dive without a knife. Cut your dive buddy if the sharks look like they're getting a bit antsy.

Like shooting, cut placement is the key. I go for the hamstring or Achilles' tendon.

Unless it's an Orca, just ask Richard Harris!
orca-killer-whale-4.jpg

Ha, a classic.

I dont want nothin to do with Orcas, that movie scared the crap out of me. Worse than Jaws.

A newer movies that really creeped me out was "Dark skies". Movies never really bother me but the Exorcist...when I was young and Dark skies actually gave me nightmares.

Jaws is a cinematic masterpiece. Probably my all time favorite.

When I was younger, "Alien" and John Carpenters "The Thing" were the two that got to me.

Stupid movie but scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.
"The Manitou"
Tony Curtis as his best:rolleyes:
manitou%20poster3.jpg

No, surprisingly they were following the guineas around as docile as could be. I was surprised the guineas weren't running them off, they are pretty territorial too. 8 guineas, six geese, six cats, and two dogs all in about a 30 foot square living in harmony for about a half hour, pretty sure that means the world is gonna end.

And a Partridge in a pear tree! Its not even September! Those Geese move fast!:D

Yeah, it's a regular zoo around here.
Winter is just around the corner, come up and visit in January, all that sunshine is bad for you.

Yeah, it's a regular zoo around here.
Winter is just around the corner, come up and visit in January, all that sunshine is bad for you.

I went paddling on the river with the Mrs. For a couple hours yesterday. Winter might be closer than I'd like it to be. The Bald Eagles winter around here because the rivers don't always freeze. We spotted a very large (assuming a female) eagle coming across the river and perching in a tree.

I tried to get some pics but she wouldn't let us get close enough for my phone to get a good shot.

2982226aaae791319cda1e7650d60954_zpspv1vow0a.jpg

d9bf80658cedcf194890c27f5a222e5b_zpsvvue5got.jpg

dd0bdf526c7df12be61884dc69facf95_zpspqm52ird.jpg

I assume she is here looking for a place to nest.

The cranes were out in numbers as well.

ba4c177c177952067532cd3a9c6a52db_zpstblpa0rm.jpg

It's strange to see wildlife like this less than a mile from where I live and in a suburb of Chicago.

On top of that, tomorrow, in the same town that has Eagles, owls, deer and others is this:

http://www.genevaconcours.net

It's the best of both worlds and all within walking distance :D.

Back